Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

another frustrated customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tarheelrx

Jul 23, 2021
NC
It's so funny - -first time poster but know Tesla well as every other family member has at least one. We do love the car, but but the sales and follow-up process is beyond terrible. It's tough as we are coming from Lexus sales and service, where they bend over backward to help and provide assistance. I knew I should be nervous when I could not get a sales person to call me back but we chalked it up to busy season. We ordered our MYLR in May, and have delivery scheduled for this weekend. However, in trying to nail down final details (there are errors on my account on the website, was assured of a price adjustment -- another long story, and just just had some questions on insurance, etc). Hopefully competition will come soon and help to rectify the poor service.

It's so funny - -first time poster but know Tesla well as every other family member has at least one. We do love the car, but but the sales and follow-up process is beyond terrible. It's tough as we are coming from Lexus sales and service, where they bend over backward to help and provide assistance. I knew I should be nervous when I could not get a sales person to call me back but we chalked it up to busy season. We ordered our MYLR in May, and have delivery scheduled for this weekend. However, in trying to nail down final details (there are errors on my account on the website, was assured of a price adjustment -- another long story, and just just had some questions on insurance, etc). Hopefully competition will come soon and help to rectify the poor service.
or go on the site then have the chat person direct you to the delivery personnel

Welcome to Tesla. First time owner here. You should know from your other family members' experience that Tesla is all on line and is inflexible with their system. As a first time owner I have already figured that out. They don't have to change their system of chase you for their business as demand far outstrips the supply, There are 5 people waiting for your car if you don't take it. Good luck with your Model Y and have fun with it.....or pass it up and go back to Lexus or Mercedes and let them fawn over you and make you feel good while they stick it in your 'you know what' like every other car manufacturer.

I used to have a Lexus a long time ago and yes the service was excellent. Then again I think you were just supposed to just lay your wallet on the counter [1] and let them take whatever they wanted for the privilege.

Then again again, I suppose I did sort of open up my wallet when ordering the Y. I think there'll be a marked difference in the driving experience of both vehicles because (and don't take this personally, it's just an opinion) the Lexus was nice, but it was like driving an armchair (1996 ES350 btw)

[1] it was supposed to be open of course