TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another "Got my custom plate" thread :)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Sm4llz, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

#1 Sm4llz, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Now the weather here needs to clear up so I can wash the car and put it on.

plate.jpg

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Now that is awesome. Is that tag line a CO thing for EVs? Very cool. I love it.

3. ndhaon91

ndhaon91 Member

Love it. I'm in Denver and have never seen that plate. How did you arrange to get it? With Tesla handling the paperwork, I just assumed I had to sit here and wait for plates to show up.

4. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

The plate is from making a donation to the Colorado Carbon Fund.

License Plates | Colorado Carbon Fund

Once a donation is made you receive a form that you submit through the mail with the personalized plate form from the DMV. If the plate is approved and nobody has it yet then they send you a letter with instructions on where to send a check. A few months later you get a letter saying the plate is ready to pickup. Long process but definitely worth it.

I know a few folks in Colorado Springs have the plate but I had never noticed the windmills or solar panels until I picked it up.

5. MrClown

MrClown Autosteer Beta Tester

If you don't customize it, it has their blue and white C logo in the middle between the regular numbers and letters of the plate. I've had those plates on my last three cars but I'm starting to wonder if that organization does anything anymore. They haven't updated their website in years and I haven't seen any updates to their projects. As such, I now offset through another organization (but still have those plates).