TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another great service experience I'm convinced I could only get from Tesla

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by tomas, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

I leave my car idle occasionally for an extended period. I set charge to 50% and leave plugged in. Been doing this routine for a while with no issues, so I seldom check iPhone app to confirm SOC. Yesterday I checked for first time in 3 weeks. Vehicle connection error. Not deeply worried, but if something went wrong with charging I'd like to know.

Called 800 service number. They had access to car logs as of 2 days ago. Charge OK. They also had all service history. Representative was knowledgeable. Confirmed car offline and needs a reboot. Saw nothing else to cause concern. Checked to make sure I knew reboot process.

Who else could do this? The integration of single source maintenance records, connected car, telemetry, logs, and a call center staffed by knowledgeable people with access to your information and no stupid script.

I could cite as counter-example my calls to other car companies for support, but I will summarize: they've all been unhelpful and pathetic. It would be hard to ever go back to that.

• Like x 4
  2. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

I don't know how I feel about 'the man' tracking my every move and action. You are too trusting

3. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Or maybe you are too suspicious? If it were a government, I'd be concerned. I choose what corporations to trust. Do you have a smartphone? Your carrier knows far more about you than Tesla.

4. pinball_player

A few weeks ago I was driving in the middle part of Maine (Above Augusta), on 95 and when I started out driving the autopilot and cruise control would not work. I had no radar, or anything associated with that system. While I was driving at 70 MPH, I called the Tesla service center in Dedham, MA and one of the great service guys there logged into my car, and figured out that it was a bug in the firmware that if the startup of the system (I had enabled power saving because I needed all the range the next day) was the issue. The tech at the Dedham, MA location was great!

I am a computer nerd, but to connect into a car driving 70 MPH on the highway and diagnose an issue like that is simply amazing.

• Like x 1