TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another hello from Dallas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pete8314, Jun 5, 2012.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Hi Y'all

Despite the greeting, I've only been in Dallas (well, Bedford, technically, in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth) for 4 (of my 41) years, prior to that, UK born and bred.

Current motor is an Audi A5 S-Line, which I loved, but am starting to get bored of now. I'm not the type to drive the same car for years and years. Previous motors (here) were a VW Eos, and a bunch of exceptionally dull long-term rentals (I successfully refused the PT Cruiser every time though!). Before that, back in the UK, a variety of SLKs, a CLK, and a TT.

Up until about 6 weeks ago, I knew next to nothing about Tesla. One of the guys that works with me bought a Volt, and suggested I watch Revenge of the Electric Car, and after that, I was hooked. Since then I've consumed everything I can about EVs, Tesla and Elon.

I'm P8901 (so I'm assuming Spring 2013), and will most likely be going for a mid-range Model S, since for me this is a lot to spend on a car. I'm hoping and assuming EV's will come a long way over the next few years, so part of my choice of options will be based on ensuring a decent resale value. That said, my reason for going for a Model S are as much based on the look and style of it, the fact it's an EV is a happy bonus. I like gadgets, and this looks to be one heck of a gadget!

So, that's me. Good to be here, having read just about every snippet of news and speculation, I'm looking forward to actual reviews in a few weeks time!

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Welcome. You should also check out the North Texas Electric Auto Association.

I'll have a Model S in a couple of months. We'll have to have a gathering later on.

4. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

You're going to become very popular (I'm sure you already are, but you know what I mean :) )