Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another high quality software upgrade from Tesla (sarcasm), or service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
I got the update that changes the fan settings on my Tesla a few days ago.

Since then, summon has gotten squirrelier and this morning autopark, when pulling into a perpendicular parking space at work, suddenly cut the wheel hard while backing straight in and headed right for the car on my left. I had to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting it.
Last night summon pulled the car into the garage way over to the right side. The garage is tight anyway, and I was really worried about it hitting something along the wall on the right. In the past it has always centered the car (within a couple of inches). This morning when it pulled out, it stopped diagonally in the driveway - to a worse degree than it ever has in the past.
Tonight summon pulled halfway into the garage and stopped with the rear wheels at the threshold. It would not proceed. I restarted summon and the car would not move - just display "autopark cancelled." Out and back in - same thing. Over and over. I rebooted the IC and the main display. No change. I messed with the summon settings - no change. After about 15 minutes of trying, I called roadside assistance and they said they would open a service case on it. I tried again after that, while sitting in the car. Interestingly, it pulled into the garage with no problem, then backed out again on command (I can't get in or out of the car in the garage - too tight). After I got out the car stopped halfway into the garage again. WTH?
Finally, in desperation I changed Summon from "tight" to "normal" (or whatever the non-tight setting is called). Car pulled right in. Go figure.
Monday I had the car in for its annual service. That's now about 400 miles ago.

Unexpected impacts from what is reported to be a very simple software upgrade, or incomplete recalibration after annual servicing (is a recal even required after annual servicing? If so, I wasn't told about it)?