Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model S bought with bitcoins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I became interested in Bitcoin a few years ago around the $.60/each mark, and after the recent rally to over $1,000 it became time to buy myself something nice. I've been a long time EV supporter, but I've never been able to afford anything but building my own. I've built a few full-size cars, a few electric tractors/mowers, a few electric bikes and loved every second of each. But range has always been under 40 miles, capacity under 10kwh, and cost has always been the deciding factor in component selection. My new model S has more capacity than all my EV projects put together, has more range than all my EVs put together, and of course cost more than all the parts I've purchased over the last decade. The last fact still astounds me because I had always considered my EV hobby to be very very expensive.

On 11/24 I ordered a S85 with Tesla red multi-coat and confirmed the next day. I would have loved to spring for the P85+ but for the amount extra it cost I decided instead to build one of these;

photo-1.jpg

That extra 20k will get me a complete rolling chassis delivered to my door. Of course I just happen to have all the parts to a complete EV drivetrain sitting around too, so that changes my perspective on price. And with modular high-performance Enerdel batteries already available from my other projects the battery cost doesn't need to be factored in as part of the vehicle cost.

So this Christmas I'm getting a long-range high-end luxury 5000-pound EV AND a 1000 pound street legal track car for the price of a P85+, all thanks to my invesment in Bitcoin.

I don't see how you guys handle the wait