Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model S feature wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as we are playing.

Outside temp at top.

I actually like it in its present location.

All controls related to temperature and climate are located in that area, and so it seem natural to have that information there. Just my thoughts.

I think I agree with VFX. Keep the controls at the bottom, but where you have the date, carrier and other icons at the very top, a quick note on current temperature would be nice as well. Redundant? Yes. Useful? Absolutely.

Hi,

Some more ideas for the key

Key with out a Display, as a Second Key
Key with a touch display
Analog clog with 2 buttons Open/Close, Trunk,

can you put some estimate measurements as they seem quit large

also some ideas for the iControle
we need more icons
Web = @
Map = Globe
Car = car
Phone = handset
Music = node

(save real estate)
Mute = just tap the volume bar
Repeat, Random Shuffle, shout just be one icon that change
Play/Pause = just tap the duration bar
<| & |> just tap in the end of the duration bar

Tap the album art to switch between Album / Artist / Radio(FM/AM/Web) / Playlist
It shout be possible to upload Album art for radio stations

The radio must support "RDS" RadioDataSystem hot in EU as it provide Traffic information and Station Id and Alternative frequency Radio Data System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
inside Outside temp, show a picture of a car with a temp in the car and outside the car

In regards to the 2 zone clima, that shout be optional as 99% of the time I drive alone and don't want to adjust both, maybe it shout detect if the second seat is in use and activate the second control the control, use the censor for the seatbelt
Also there is a missing a fan direction (up)

The car shout open the sunroof ½ when the car get to hot (parked)

If the car is not locked at the key is getting out of range, make a warning sound, so you remember to activate the alarm

For security reason, if you try to lock/leave the car and one of the 7 seat/seatbelt warning censor is activate the car must give a special warning (you forgot the baby/dog in the hot car)
as 10-15 baby's dies each year it hot cars and countless dogs

For security reason the Key must be inside the car before you can drive, so the kids can't make any accident just because you are with in range

Last edited:
Back side of key has a simple 3 digit readout.

It would read out miles on charge.

Possible other switchable info. Volts/Amps input, temp, minutes till full at current charge rate, cost for charge (if applicable).

Tesla Motors and Apple Inc.

Taking about an ideal wishlist... a partnership between Tesla Motors and Apple Inc. would be fantastic!

I love the concept of a 17inch infotainment system. But who better to develop a touch screen user interface than Apple!

Apple attempted a VW patnership back in the day of the first iPod. They were a little ahead of the times... but it is now mainstream for people to think about bringing their music into the car.

Apple is in the direction of releasing a 10inch tablet this fall. They are primed to be ready to partner with Tesla Motors and a 17inch infotainment system by 2011. Their app store can be extended into the "car." Where Tesla Motors has special API's for car specific apps or controls of the car!

I enjoy your playing with fob designs. I like the shape of the second one most.
It should be as thin as possible. it has to fit in a pocket. I picture it smaller than a cell phone, but these look bigger. Otherwise, the screen needs to be bigger.
What does "release" do? Release the key? Hope they don't give me some bulky thing like the Prius key, over 1/2 inch thick. My cell phone is thinner than that.

And some of us don't live in i-Pod land. We are in the 'burbs and don't get very good coverage of anything. What do I do then? My cell phone has usually one bar at the most.

Taking about an ideal wishlist... a partnership between Tesla Motors and Apple Inc. would be fantastic!

I love the concept of a 17inch infotainment system. But who better to develop a touch screen user interface than Apple!

Apple attempted a VW patnership back in the day of the first iPod. They were a little ahead of the times... but it is now mainstream for people to think about bringing their music into the car.

Apple is in the direction of releasing a 10inch tablet this fall. They are primed to be ready to partner with Tesla Motors and a 17inch infotainment system by 2011. Their app store can be extended into the "car." Where Tesla Motors has special API's for car specific apps or controls of the car!

Eh... maybe allow them to design the UI, but please no Apple hands in the pot. I am so sick of them and their closed systems.

The Roadster feature that lights up the charge port in different colors and blink rates to tell you how far you have filled the battery is quite handy to tell you where you are in the charge state.

Another great aspect of the lights is that you can see from a distance if your charging is still working when at a strange charge site.

Since you have to be on the driver's side and sometimes relatively close to see if they are on, this could be improved.

I suggest on the next Roadster and the Model S that the colored LEDs are mounted in the tips of the side mounted mirrors like some turn signal indicators (they could even use the amber color "bulbs" as such).

By mounting the charge indicator lights in such a visible spot you could see the charge state from almost any view angle of the cars. Even from above. Of course this feature could be switched off or dialed down like dash lights.
Even the car covers could have translucent fabric tips at the mirror ends.

Last edited:
Great idea! I have a few concerns, though.

a] The feature needs to have a user deactivation feature. Currently, locking the car (Roadster) turns off the charge port lights ... I think that's a good idea for security reasons (charging in an unfamiliar spot when needing to leave the vehicle unattended for some time). The 2010 location of the VDS still may cause undue attention being paid ... the 2008 location is less visible from outside, although certainly not totally inconspicuous. (Hints: improve 2008/2010 firmware to add a user selectable de-activation feature).

b] Don't use the signal lights or any other similar location which the uninitiated could confuse with emergency flashers.

Suggestion: top of the dash and rear-deck ... would look like an alarm system (usually only a small red LED), but could flash different colors too.

Other options
Wireless notification: send me an SMS based on user-selectable profiles (every 10%, every 25%, when it hits x% State-of-Charge). And if charging stops for ANY reason (good or bad).

Last edited:
solar, parking

Solar panels are nonsense on a curved auto skin; they add miniscule amounts of energy and weigh more than they're worth. Plus solar cells make lousy exteriors. Stupid idea.

As for parking, program yourself. Here's how (works for ANY size car).
1. Position your car parallel to the one in front of the parking space at 1 m. distance, slightly ahead. Back straight up till your rear wheels are exactly even with that car's.
2. Cut hard in towards the curb while continuing to back up.
3. When the front wheels line up with the parked car's rear wheels, cut hard back the other way, continuing to back up.
4. Your car nose will miss the tail of the other car by mere inches; don't be nervous.
5. Your car will slot in precisely onto the curb.
6. If you are facing uphill, leave the wheels as they are.
7. If you are facing downhill, cut the front wheels in slightly to the curb.
8. If you you are on level ground leave the wheels as is or straighten if you prefer.
9. You've just completed a 1-step parallel park. It's easy. :biggrin:

Thanks for checking out Tesla Motors Concepts guys! These were definitely some interesting ideas!

I've been super busy lately and I am actually going to be moving Tesla Motors Concepts to a more sustainable and WordPress-powered system.

But I will try to read through some of the ideas more thoroughly and respond and do some updates to the concepts.

I'm sure I have already made it known that I am a huge Apple Fanboy and I would love them to partner with Tesla.

Apple being closed is like living in a gated community. The fence is for your protection but you are welcome to come and go as you please.

Either way, I'll post my full responses soon.

Cheers!

Mobile charge cable that comes with a variety of adaptors which all fit into a neat reel/holder with carry handle, maybe with a special slot in the trunk next to the spare tyre?

Alternatively, should the socket in the side of the car actually be one end of the extendable cable? Adaptors plug into it as required. Should it have powered wind and un-wind?

All adds to the vehicle weight, of course.

Well my wishlist (some have proably been mentioned before)
Heated and ventilated seats.
Automatic shade for the panaramic sunroof
radar cruise control
a sound system with HD radio (from demos' it sounds like it does have a great sound system)
A Good interface for the touch screen (which it does seem to have)
Customizable instrument panel (dispaly as much or as little info as you want)
back up camera

My wishlist:

- An A/C unit that doubles as a heat pump (standard)
- Diesel burner (option)

I need all the 300 mile range...

The Toyota RAV4 EV had a combined AC/heat pump. This ought to come as standard. If Toyota could do that in '97, Tesla can do it fifteen years later.

Fuel burners are the only heating alternative that does not impact range in an EV. Crossing Norway between east and west during winter you may have to wait for hours when wind causes snow to block the roads. The distance is about 270-320 miles. Diesel burners are very efficient (~80-90%) and compact.

These features would be nice:

- Heated steering wheel
- Heated windshield
- Programmable&remote controlled heater