Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model X Problem!!! 3rd row seat stuck in down position.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Down stuck passenger side 3rd row seat. Motor activates, can't lift seat. Tried everything, nothing is stuck in the seat. Appt Monday at SC. Sounds like other folks' problems revolved around no motor activation.....stay tuned.
Same as mine. They'll tell you that they have to manufacture another seat. Lead time is 6-8 weeks, so I'm driving mine while i wait. They also told me that they could put the seat up, but whatever position they put it in was permanent until they swapped the seat out. I left mine down but if you need it up my SC offered to put it up until the replacement comes in.

I'm in the same boat... had the car for almost 2 weeks now... passenger side third row seat won't release to go back up. I did work a few times up until now. I'm ultrawhite, but no cooling (which I wish I had).....

E-mailing the service center now....

-m

Good luck, hope it's a quick fix. Anyone have a problem with drivers side 3rd row? Wonder if I should only put that side down if I need a little extra room... kind of silly to have to worry about that...

MXP100D, drivers side third row got stuck last week and won't release. The motor makes a sound like it's trying to do something, but the lock stays firmly engaged. SC didn't even need to look at it, they just went ahead and ordered a replacement as soon as I reported it.

MXP100D, drivers side third row got stuck last week and won't release. The motor makes a sound like it's trying to do something, but the lock stays firmly engaged. SC didn't even need to look at it, they just went ahead and ordered a replacement as soon as I reported it.

Thanks, and sorry to hear that. Wonder if they feel like this occurs at it too frequently given all our reports. Given also occurs on drivers side (and not any real reason it should isolate tonoassenger) I guess I'll continue to just pray every time I put it down that it comes back up!

This is happening to me right now, driver's side third row seat. Seat was fine two days ago. This is super frustrating. We bought this car because we wanted to drive 6 people around.

We'll see what the service center says.

This is happening to me right now, driver's side third row seat. Seat was fine two days ago. This is super frustrating. We bought this car because we wanted to drive 6 people around.

We'll see what the service center says.
They'll say it's broke. The fix is a whole new seat, which could take up to 8 weeks. So you can take the car and drive it until the part comes in.

So, I was all exciting expecting our model X back this week after some follow up work at the local SC (3rd time since we bought it in June this year...). Then I get a note from the service rep that our passenger rear seat is stuck in the down position and they'll have to order a new one... [face palmo_O] Surprising they said initially it would just take a week or two to get. At least we'll have more time to do more ludicrous mode launches in the P100D loaner...:eek:

This happened to me last week. Folded the seat down and the seat locked as it almost closed completely. Once the seat locked the button was unresponsive. Even tried resetting the car twice but it didn’t help. Then I noticed that the seat closed on my sons sippycup which likely triggered the car to think it was occupied. I slid the sippycup out, hit the button and it started to function as normal. I know some of you have a different situation but it’s something to look for if it happens to you.

Reactions: dogldogl
Dang - I'm now a stuck 3rd row victim......

The Model X in the Atlanta Avalon showroom had a 3rd row seat stuck in the down position when we first went in back in May.
The 24 test drive Model X we had (different vehicle) had a 3rd row stuck in the down and locked position in June.

Now our 4 month old Model X has a 3rd row stuck in the down and locked position.

I now understand they are made by a third party and Tesla support doesn't even have an ETA for a fix/replacement.

Who else is having this issue and is below the same customer service you're receiving? Going on a month with zero progress. We're not even getting the "6-8 wk" message.

12/4/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• Ticket Opened

12/12/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• No ETA on the seats
• Escalation sent to parts

12/19/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• No ETA on the seats

12/28/2017
• Called Tesla Support - Talked to Sean
• Computer was down, had to call me back
• Sean called back – no ETA for the seats again
• Requested secondary escalation with Parts

Is there anything more we should be doing?

Thanks
Chris

Dang - I'm now a stuck 3rd row victim......

The Model X in the Atlanta Avalon showroom had a 3rd row seat stuck in the down position when we first went in back in May.
The 24 test drive Model X we had (different vehicle) had a 3rd row stuck in the down and locked position in June.

Now our 4 month old Model X has a 3rd row stuck in the down and locked position.

I now understand they are made by a third party and Tesla support doesn't even have an ETA for a fix/replacement.

Who else is having this issue and is below the same customer service you're receiving? Going on a month with zero progress. We're not even getting the "6-8 wk" message.

12/4/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• Ticket Opened

12/12/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• No ETA on the seats
• Escalation sent to parts

12/19/2017
• Called Tesla Support
• No ETA on the seats

12/28/2017
• Called Tesla Support - Talked to Sean
• Computer was down, had to call me back
• Sean called back – no ETA for the seats again
• Requested secondary escalation with Parts

Is there anything more we should be doing?

Thanks
Chris
Oz, we had the same response for awhile. I tried sending an escalation email which I'm not sure resulted in any faster turnaround but resulted in a bunch of emails and calls from the head office escalation team and regional SC managment.

They delivered my Model X this afternoon and my 3rd row passenger seat folded and stuck in the locked down position. The drivers side 3rd row read rest folds but the seat will not move. So, I called Tesla and they gave me a manual work around. On the shoulder of the seat (within the leather), there is a small button which will unlatch the seat and allow the user to bring the seat back to normal position. I used the manual work around to raise the passenger seat and also to lower the driver seat 3rd row. It is just like a manual no motor fix..

• Helpful
Reactions: Icer
They delivered my Model X this afternoon and my 3rd row passenger seat folded and stuck in the locked down position. The drivers side 3rd row read rest folds but the seat will not move. So, I called Tesla and they gave me a manual work around. On the shoulder of the seat (within the leather), there is a small button which will unlatch the seat and allow the user to bring the seat back to normal position. I used the manual work around to raise the passenger seat and also to lower the driver seat 3rd row. It is just like a manual no motor fix..

This is super helpful!!! I'll have to try this. I avoid moving seats up and down if possible because I don't want it to break again if fix takes so long. I can live with a manual switch though.

Are you referring to the regular button next to the 3rd row head rest on the shoulder of the seat back or something under the leather? if it's the standard button you press that you can hear actuate the lock then that's not a workaround, it's the standard way to bring the 3rd row seats back up to the lock position for seating. Are you describing something different?

Tying mine off....

I scheduled an appoint on 1/11/18 for them to apparently "manually" put my 3rd row seat back in the upright position since I was never given an ETA for the new ones. I arrived on that Thursday morning and while checking in they asked me "Hey Chris, did you know your 3rd row seats came in?". ...Uh, no but great. So glad my issue was resolved but their communications are a bit lacking. My replacements took 5 weeks.