Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model Y rejected today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was already skeptical when my Tesla representative said the car was “Factory Gated” on July 7th (I placed my order on July 31st), I asked if it had been rejected but he said they didn’t see that in their notes. My VIN which was in the 25,xxx.

Today all excited for delivery day, as I got there I quickly noticed exterior issues in the first 5-10 minutes of looking at the car.

They would only guarantee the scratch would be taken care of, while the other things I pointed out was the typical "we would have our service guy look at it..." answer. No way would they put anything in writing.

I didn't spend too much time checking out the interior as I already was feeling pretty disappointed with the exterior at this point. I did notice though that the rear seat didn't fold down when pushing the button.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts and if you would have accepted/rejected the car based on these photos.

Attachments

• scratch-1.jpg
    scratch-1.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 338
  • scratch-2.jpg
    scratch-2.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 229
  • scratch-3.jpg
    scratch-3.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 223
  • color-1.jpg
    color-1.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 238
  • front-4.jpg
    front-4.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 236
  • fit-1.jpg
    fit-1.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 245
  • front-3.jpg
    front-3.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 227
  • front-2.jpg
    front-2.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 232
  • front-1.jpg
    front-1.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 221
  • rear-light.jpg
    rear-light.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Well, too many issues, some alignments could be consider minor but other certainly should have been fixed BEFORE delivery.

Did you paid full before been able to look at the car?

I noticed a new white Model Y today, parked in the street, with a 40,xxx VIN. And I didn't noticed any obvious gap or scratches

Bumper is a different shade of course but I would have been interested to see pics of both driver and passenger side doors.

glad you rejected. That’s a rejected car. If they’re selling every MY off the line then why would this one be sitting around for weeks before being assigned? Me thinks the advisor wasn’t being honest when you asked if it has previously been rejected. Or, if a potential buyer never accepts delivery and rejects it on site like you did then it might not ever be put in notes for the car history.

Anyone else wondering what happens to all the returned MYs? I don’t see them being sold as “demo” cars and everyone’s new MYs seem to have 15 miles. Hahaha. Of course it would be ILLEGAL for Tesla to roll the odometers back to 15 miles. I just find it odd that many posters have said they returned their MYs after a few days. I think I’ve seen one poster that stated his car had some miles (more than 15) on it at delivery.

What is your current situation?

- Getting full return (but not be able to re-order the same model ?)
- or replacement coming?
I rejected this one and was told I should get another one sometime in September. So I'll wait for that car, and hopefully, it'll be close to perfect. I'm trading in my current car through Tesla, so at least I'm not without a car now. Would have been terrible if I had sold it elsewhere prior to the delivery day.

What happens to financing when you reject the delivery and wait for a new car which could take like another 3-4 weeks? Does it require new approval from the bank since there is a VIN change?

I am in Texas and Tesla requires full funding before they ship the car out from CA and shipping takes two weeks.