Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model Y rejected today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rejected this one and was told I should get another one sometime in September. So I'll wait for that car, and hopefully, it'll be close to perfect. I'm trading in my current car through Tesla, so at least I'm not without a car now. Would have been terrible if I had sold it elsewhere prior to the delivery day.

You should ask for a different sales advisor, as that one did not have a clue and had you waste a trip.

I was already skeptical when my Tesla representative said the car was “Factory Gated” on July 7th (I placed my order on July 31st), I asked if it had been rejected but he said they didn’t see that in their notes. My VIN which was in the 25,xxx.

Today all excited for delivery day, as I got there I quickly noticed exterior issues in the first 5-10 minutes of looking at the car.

They would only guarantee the scratch would be taken care of, while the other things I pointed out was the typical "we would have our service guy look at it..." answer. No way would they put anything in writing.

I didn't spend too much time checking out the interior as I already was feeling pretty disappointed with the exterior at this point. I did notice though that the rear seat didn't fold down when pushing the button.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts and if you would have accepted/rejected the car based on these photos.
I would have rejected mainly due to the color mismatch. All else are fairly easy fixes or are minor. But paint mismatch is a no-no for me.

I would've rejected that too. The scratch on the bottom of the door is crazy.

I wouldn't worry too much about plastic bumper cover vs. body alignment. On most cars I've seen, those just snap on with clips and then are held by a few screws.

Seems like more evidence that the factory and/or delivery people are just interested in shipping out cars, even w/obvious defects to book revenue instead of fixing them first before a customer sees it.

Buying a new car used to be exciting. Sad to say, with the Model Y, it's become a form of drudgery.

I already own a Model S, which is a superb car. So it was disheartening to reject our Model Y even after the dealership attempted to fix the dozen or so glaring defects we first identified. Apparently, they could only go so far in tweaking the hood, hatch, charger port, taillights, rear doors, and paint defects. While I was in the building, I had a chance to look at a half dozen other Model Ys there, and all of them had multiple body defects that were as equally obvious as mine. And yet, other customers spent barely a nanosecond looking at their new purchases before happily driving away with them.

So I'm back in the queue for another one, fingers crossed. Meantime, for anyone who's heading to the dealership soon to pick up their new MYs, here is a checklist you might use. Keep a clear head as you carefully inspect the car.

Attachments

• Checklist_Model_Y_Purchase_Day.pdf
    536.5 KB · Views: 75
I was already skeptical when my Tesla representative said the car was “Factory Gated” on July 7th (I placed my order on July 31st), I asked if it had been rejected but he said they didn’t see that in their notes. My VIN which was in the 25,xxx.

Today all excited for delivery day, as I got there I quickly noticed exterior issues in the first 5-10 minutes of looking at the car.

They would only guarantee the scratch would be taken care of, while the other things I pointed out was the typical "we would have our service guy look at it..." answer. No way would they put anything in writing.

I didn't spend too much time checking out the interior as I already was feeling pretty disappointed with the exterior at this point. I did notice though that the rear seat didn't fold down when pushing the button.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts and if you would have accepted/rejected the car based on these photos.

Hi, I was there when you inspected the car in SB. I suspect that might have been you based on the pictures you show. That was really disappointed and I would have done the same if I were you. Still waiting for mine. Do you know when your next deliver come?