TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another Montana Supercharger coming in 2014?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Edgewood Dome, Dec 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

Checking the Tesla map, if you select 2014 it shows adding another Supercharger between Superior and Missoula. There are not many stops along that stretch of I-90 with services. Could be Alberton (my bet), Hudson, Frenchtown or Wye. I admit to not understanding why another one is needed here, perhaps to better serve to 60kW cars, hopefully someone that knows that stretch can speculate on the need. Interestingly they are still showing Coeur d'Alene as coming soon...not much time before 2014 is over.

2. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I dunno but I really hope they get something in the vicinity of CdA. Ritzville to Superior is a long haul.

3. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

That was likely the previously planned 2014 dot that eventually became Missoula and Superior. As Tesla's supercharger plans change they do not do a timely job of cleaning up outdated dots. There is a similar situation where Montgomery Alabama was split up into Auburn and Greenville but Montgomery dot remains. They probably won't take down those until the next major map redo hopefully sometime soon.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The opposite has also happened. When a single station in Waco, TX replaced the planed Temple and Hillsboro stops, the Hillsboro dot remained on the map for a while even after Waco opened.

5. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

It's gone from the map today. Guess they finally updated the map. CdA is still there as coming soon...