Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another near perfect delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 2021 MSM MY vin 627xx yesterday.

After all the YouTube videos and forum posts about QC issues with the Model Y, I did have concerns and apprehensions as the calendar ticked closer and closer to the delivery dates.
So the day finally arrived and I went to claim my new toy.

I admit I did NOT spend 45 minutes scrutinizing every nook and cranny, but I did look it over good.
Here are the list of issues:
1) - Front doors are slightly in on the bottoms (about 1 maybe 2 mm) - not sure its worth adjusting - it really isn’t any worse than my $75k suburban doors.

2) - 3 very light clear coat scratches on drivers side - probably from handling during shipping [they buffed them out before I even accepted the car].

3) - And the most frustrating issue was I had to reboot the MCU to get my one year of complimentary premium connectivity to log in the first time.

To summarize - No panel gaps, trim all intact, no dirty hand prints, rear seats aligned, tail lights and charge port all flush.
I feel that Tesla has really upped their game and I am excited to be part of the Tesla family.

Reactions: Koolio46 and Fred42
Picked up my 2021 MSM MY vin 627xx yesterday.

After all the YouTube videos and forum posts about QC issues with the Model Y, I did have concerns and apprehensions as the calendar ticked closer and closer to the delivery dates.
So the day finally arrived and I went to claim my new toy.

I admit I did NOT spend 45 minutes scrutinizing every nook and cranny, but I did look it over good.
Here are the list of issues:
1) - Front doors are slightly in on the bottoms (about 1 maybe 2 mm) - not sure its worth adjusting - it really isn’t any worse than my $75k suburban doors.

2) - 3 very light clear coat scratches on drivers side - probably from handling during shipping [they buffed them out before I even accepted the car].

3) - And the most frustrating issue was I had to reboot the MCU to get my one year of complimentary premium connectivity to log in the first time.

To summarize - No panel gaps, trim all intact, no dirty hand prints, rear seats aligned, tail lights and charge port all flush.
I feel that Tesla has really upped their game and I am excited to be part of the Tesla family.
Congrats! Single piece glass or laminated? I pick up my 636xx this afternoon. Hoping for a similar positive experience.