TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another negative report

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GOLD.s, Feb 12, 2013.

1. GOLD.s

GOLD.s Member

200 Miles in a Tesla Model S Still Seems Far After Tiff with The New York Times - Yahoo! News

The fall out of this might become really bad I personally know someone that canceled his order because of all the negative press and false information. As much as I tried to explain how great my model S is, he believed some of the false information. One review even said we have to pay a monthly fee for our app.

We, the owners of these amazing vehicles have to get out the right information and let people know how great this car really is.

2. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

3. GOLD.s

GOLD.s Member

Every negative article has some positive things to say, but the overall tone of the article highlights negative things. Another point he mentions that it is bad to max charge the battery, not differentiating between a few times or doing it daily.

4. jchangyy

jchangyy Member

I wonder if they were bribed by the oil companies? Just wondering.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

6. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

Why? Oil companies are not losing any business because of EV's. ICE will be around for another 100 years.

7. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I think they are
    not a major business loss but some loss nonetheless

Although I'm sure they'll make up the loss by raising prices

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The higher they raise the prices, the more viable EVs will become. The tighter you close your fist, the more sand will slip through your fingers.

9. Sigma4Life

Sigma4Life Member

I don't see it as an overly negative article. The author seemed to be fairly balanced in reporting both positives and negatives.

10. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

Well, if we're talking about evil oil empires, the line really should be: "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." :biggrin:

11. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

I think the important thing for people to realize is that the Model S was not at fault. The car was operating as designed. Tesla simply made a tactical error in placing the superchargers too far apart for practical winter driving. The spacing was likely based on their experiences in California, and a different spacing standard needs to be used in colder climates. It didn't help that the NY Times journalist avoided using a range charge and later allowed the car to run out of juice. Doing so made for a more dramatic story, but I doubt if he would have done so if this was his own Model S.

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#12 brianman, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Gratuitious video

13. richkae

richkae VIN587

They don't want to see any alternatives.
    They don't want the public catching on to the money they take from your pocket in the form of ridiculous tax breaks.

If I knew we'd be alive in a 100 years I would happily make a large wager with you. The ICE will be a tiny niche player in a 100 years, more likely found in a museum than moving passengers anywhere in the first world.

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#14 vfx, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013