Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another nose cone question/topic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your thoughts on this nose cone? No idea who makes it or if it's even available. I'm on the fence about the looks (but like it much better than the original)
image.jpg

Yeah, I can't imagine it's great for aerodynamics. I think it gives the front end of our MS that, "hey, I'm a high end car" look...or at least in the right direction. Everybody has their tastes. I just think the original is on the cheap looking side. I'm a new Model S owner coming from a '14 Ford Explorer Sport, so I'm still imprinted with that 'traditional' grill style that serves no purpose on this new beauty.

So a fake grill to service a non-existence radiator? No thanks. I agree that the fish mouth needs work but in my opinion this isn't the right direction.

I guess we are flexible and pragmatic enough to throw out ICE and bought a Model S. However it might be difficult for us to change the concept of car styling... We all are so accustomed to grille looks. For a few decades already.

I guess we are flexible and pragmatic enough to throw out ICE and bought a Model S. However it might be difficult for us to change the concept of car styling... We all are so accustomed to grille looks. For a few decades already.

It took thousands of years before architects stopped making stone pillars look like wooden pillars. Now many concrete structures are molded to look like stone blocks. We still use wood trim in the cars because that's what was used in horse drawn carriages. I wouldn't look for change anytime soon.

Is it possible to have a nose cone for something like the Model S that really looks stunning, but at the same time retain the aerodynamics that won't detract from range?

It doesn't matter whether we perceive the above car to be beautiful or not because it's a non starter. It would never work in real life.

Does it have to have a grill for us to perceive it as beautiful?

Is it possible to have a nose cone for something like the Model S that really looks stunning, but at the same time retain the aerodynamics that won't detract from range?

It doesn't matter whether we perceive the above car to be beautiful or not because it's a non starter. It would never work in real life.

Does it have to have a grill for us to perceive it as beautiful?

A few of us wrapped the nose cone. Cost about $200. I loved it on my white S. Others did not.
image.jpg