Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another one bites the dust (Suspected PEM and PEM Fan Failure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you perform a Jedi mind trick on the service rep. to get goodwill? What are the circumstances that caused them to diagnose, remove, and disassemble the PEM and replace an internal circuit board, then reassemble everything, test your car, and then not charge you a dime? Am I missing something?

Awesome! Congrats on the getting your car back up and running.

I'm a year out of warranty so I can't say for certain. However, I bought the car as a CPO in 8/2013, so I've got 4 years of ownership under my belt. I would always dutifully take the car in for annual service and other repairs. I also have two Model S's, so I know the folks at the Service Centers here locally (Scottsdale and Tempe) pretty well. My Roadster also only has 17,500 miles on it, so I can only guess the Goodwill was for being a loyal, multiple Tesla owner, with a low mileage and well-maintained Roadster?

In past years, when there was only the Scottsdale SC out here and much fewer Tesla's on the road, I used to send the service center staff a big gift box of holiday treats either from a local bakery in Phoenix or Hawaiian chocolates (I'm in Hawaii for work, family visits, and vacation regularly). I stopped doing that in recent years as the service centers have just gotten too big with more Teslas on the road, but perhaps the old school workers at the SC remember?

Who knows for sure, but I'm incredibly appreciative.

I did have to pay for the tow, though, and that cost me $250. Well worth it, though!

I'm a year out of warranty so I can't say for certain. However, I bought the car as a CPO in 8/2013, so I've got 4 years of ownership under my belt. I would always dutifully take the car in for annual service and other repairs. I also have two Model S's, so I know the folks at the Service Centers here locally (Scottsdale and Tempe) pretty well. My Roadster also only has 17,500 miles on it, so I can only guess the Goodwill was for being a loyal, multiple Tesla owner, with a low mileage and well-maintained Roadster?

In past years, when there was only the Scottsdale SC out here and much fewer Tesla's on the road, I used to send the service center staff a big gift box of holiday treats either from a local bakery in Phoenix or Hawaiian chocolates (I'm in Hawaii for work, family visits, and vacation regularly). I stopped doing that in recent years as the service centers have just gotten too big with more Teslas on the road, but perhaps the old school workers at the SC remember?

Who knows for sure, but I'm incredibly appreciative.

I did have to pay for the tow, though, and that cost me $250. Well worth it, though!

Hey brother. That's great to hear that 501 has been taken care of. The local SC has always been good to me as well.