Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another one...Which Would You Choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$9,500 Price Delta

Black Ext .. ......... Silver Ext
$84,000..... ......... $91,500
$0 Local..... ..... ... $2,000 Shipping
Black NextGen.. .. Black NextGen
Piano Black....... .. Carbon Fiber
38,200 miles..... .. 27,900 miles
21 Grey............ ... 21 Grey
Smart Air.......... ... Smart Air
UHFS............... ... UHFS
Dual Chargers.. ... Dual Chargers
Red Calipers.... ... Red Calipers
Spoiler............. .... Spoiler
Premium Lighting..
Premium Interior...
Extended Nappa...
Black Headliner.... Black Headliner
Solid Roof............. Pano Roof
Sub Zero.............. No Sub Zero
........................... Ludicrous Upgrade

View attachment 214193

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-10_12-49-29.png
    upload_2017-2-10_12-49-29.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I have the Pano. I was so ridiculously giddy about getting the Pano. But then after the honeymoon was over, I realized that as the driver, I never truly get to gaze upon it's beauty. My normal field of view doesn't include directly above me and behind me. That being said, people in the back seat absolutely love it! But, I make it a rule to always be in the front seat of my car, lol. I now understand why they made the windshield in the MX so big; so the owner/driver can enjoy the panoramic view. I'm also not extremely tall, so the couple extra inches of headroom doesn't matter to me. Of course, there is still the joy of opening it. however, when I have females in the car, they make me close it. When I'm trying to extend my range, I have to close it. And when I'm trying to hold a conversation at speed, I have to close it. Oh, and I live in the Midwest; so there's not even an option of opening it for more than maybe 6 months out of the year. All that said, I do think it's awesome, but between getting all those other options that you'll utilize more, and for less money, I could live without it. :)

I'll be the counter for the pano roof. I love mine. I have never been a sunroof user, and would mostly keep mine closed all the time in prior cars. But Tesla did a really good job with theirs. The tint is sufficient to keep the brightness down and they designed the wind baffle system very well so that it is actually usable at higher speeds vs others I have had in the past.

So I went from a "never use the sunroof" person to a "have it open all the time" person. And they add headroom if you are tall. My husband wouldn't have enough headroom without it.

I think that price differential is more about Ludi than anything else. You would have to decide for yourself on that one.

i don't open my pano ever (it's pretty loud) but having the extra headroom and whatveer light makes the cabin feel way more open and spacious. i sat in a car with and without and I felt less constricted so i went w pano.

so functionality isn't just having it open. especially w blackheadliner, which makes the cabin feel smaller. but like anything else, this is personal preference.

fyi, i'm 6' tall. think your height makes a diff.

This would be a super hard decision for me to make. I love the features of the premium interior and lighting package and all my past car's had sunroof's I opened them all the time (still do). I would have to sacrifice PIALP for Pano plus pano gives more headroom and brings more light into the cabin. Had a loaner car that did not have it. And it felt weird I was just so ready to get my car back. As far as PIALP I love the lighted door handles, power lift gate, fogs etc.. but I would get the car with pano but on the plus side you can retrofit half of the things in the PIALP anyways.