Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another possible control arm issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone I am fairly new to Tesla ownership, recently grabbed a brand new 2021 Model 3 performance last September. The car has roughly 10k KM on it and I started to notice that there was a creaking noise coming from both the driver side and passenger side wheel wells. The process to get the car back to Tesla here in Vancouver is cumbersome, I had to book the appointment 3 weeks out and upon my arrival I was told that I had to leave the car with them for days. The car went in last Wednesday and I am still without my vehicle. They have not gotten back to me with the exact diagnosis. In times like this Google becomes your best friend. In my searching I am starting to read of other customers that have experienced the same issue as what I seem to be describing. To the other members that have had this issue, did Tesla replace control arms and was it under warranty. My biggest fear is that they send the car back to me trying to claim this noise is normal. If that does happen what rights do I have?

Tesla got back to me today and apparently this is there findings:

Technician says that due to regenerative braking rotors and pads may develop oxidization and or glazing rotors and pads from lack of use. To Help minimize noise please follow Brake Burnishing Guidelines = www.tesla.com - menu - support - service and collision repair - do it yourself guides - select model - scroll down list to Burnishing brakes.

Still could be the source of the noise even if there is no recall on it. Brake and control arm noise are very different. Brake noise could change with the application of the brakes as a simple self diagnosis.

after talking to the tech today and their full diagnosis, the sound is being caused by the bushings on the sway bar when the car is in a idle position and you spin the wheel. apparently this is a thing that happens. I made them pull out a brand new model 3's that are demo and all the cars make the same noise. maybe I'm just being picky

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2