Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another PPF thread, but with matte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

I'm trying to "Wrap" my head around the difference between vinyl and matte PPF wrapping my model Y that's coming soon. I ordered black, but want to protect the paint. I also love the idea of making the paint matte, and it seems like Xpel offers a matte PPF that would go ontop of my black paint. I've asked a few shops around the Bay Area and LA about this and have gotten quotes from 3K to 8K for this. One of the themes seems to be that it's actually cheaper to do a colored vinyl Xpel wrap than to do clear matte PPF. Has anyone done comparisons between these options? All help appreciated!

I have a MSM Stealth Model Y. I had always planned to do a full PPF wrap on the car and ended up going with the Xpel Stealth wrap (with the satin/matte finish). I had a partial Xpel Ultimate wrap on my Model 3 and was very pleased with it. Without question it prevented several major paint chips. I decided I wanted a different look this time, which is why I went with the Xpel Stealth. I have been very happy so far. I was surprised that I get people coming up to me at least once a week to ask about the paint.
My understanding is the regular vinyl wrap is cheaper because it is a thinner product and offers very little in the way of paint protection amd no self healing.

I have a MSM Stealth Model Y. I had always planned to do a full PPF wrap on the car and ended up going with the Xpel Stealth wrap (with the satin/matte finish). I had a partial Xpel Ultimate wrap on my Model 3 and was very pleased with it. Without question it prevented several major paint chips. I decided I wanted a different look this time, which is why I went with the Xpel Stealth. I have been very happy so far. I was surprised that I get people coming up to me at least once a week to ask about the paint.
My understanding is the regular vinyl wrap is cheaper because it is a thinner product and offers very little in the way of paint protection amd no self healing.
Here's some good info.
PPF and Vinyl Wrap: What's the Difference?

• Helpful
Reactions: RollTelsaRoll