Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another price hike with EDD in May !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow. I guess very few people will be making any changes to color etc., for fear new pricing will apply. I am hoping the extra revenue that will be budgeted will allow them to ramp up production faster. We are clearly headed for inflation in the next few years. I think Tesla will continue to increase prices until the demand matches their ability to supply. This will happen until the legacy manufacturers catch up. Delivery of MYLR for white color, Gemini wheels and black seats is August!

Last edited:
Wish I had got in at $48,990 (during that 1-2 month period) but I probably would have missed out on BioDefense mode..
It was only at that price for about two weeks. I got that price and held my order tillJune so my September delivery did include bio-defense mode too. Also got the $1500 CA rebate amount so significant price difference than orders submitted today.

I originally ordered in early 2020 and took the hold off a month ago, so my price is 7K below listed price now. I think these price increases may be due to 2 things:
First the FSD seemed to be an option that most people were purchasing early last year at 7K. Now the price is 10K and the system is still not fully ready. It seems that most people are no longer getting the FSD so that is a big loss to Tesla that is being made up by increasing price overall. Might have been better if they had lowered FSD price to 3 or 4K, most everyone would probably get it. And I cant see them lowering the price now because too many people already paid the higher price.
Second the Giga presses in Texas are super high cost which greatly reduce assembly line costs but may take years to payback. In the long term the Giga presses will be a huge savings but for now higher prices may be needed to pay the costs.
That said I was surprised to see 2 price increases so closely spaced and dont really see prices dropping in the future as Tesla demand will likely only increase.