Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Price Increase [Oct 2021 & Nov 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit the bullet and ordered a 2022 after talking to a Tesla advisor. Delivery is on hold til Jan 2022, which is pretty close to my current EDD anyways. I'm sure I would be one of the very last December deliveries anyways.

Looking forward to the profit and EV credit! Let's see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Reactions: alset3000
Order my wife’s SR plus wht/wht on 8/14 at the Palo Alto, Ca showroom with EDD of Nov 14 - Dec 14 and still have not received my VIN. My sales advisor told me that I should be able to take delivery early Dec. I’m hoping my VIN won’t be assigned until early Dec and allow me to push out the delivery until early Jan.
Ordered mine 8/13 with ODD January. I got a VIN assigned and SA said it should be delivered early Dec. I’m planning to delay if that’s the case. So it’s 30 days from delivery date not VIN assign right?

Ordered mine 8/13 with ODD January. I got a VIN assigned and SA said it should be delivered early Dec. I’m planning to delay if that’s the case. So it’s 30 days from delivery date not VIN assign right?
Here's the fine print from a recent order agreement:
"For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to
notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee."

So I believe it's the date your delivery appointment time/date is confirmed that starts the 30 day clock.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Here's the fine print from a recent order agreement:
"For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to
notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee."

So I believe it's the date your delivery appointment time/date is confirmed that starts the 30 day clock.
Which is why you put it on hold immediately and don't wait to put it on hold. Mine is on hold til January.

I am fairly certain they will cancel your order eventually. But it usually a long time and people being ridiculous about it. Also Tesla knows about the tax credit obv and they may be more lenient now.
Elon Musk stated in an employee-wide memo at the end of Q3 "And we are for sure dying to reduce the size of the end-of-the-quarter delivery wave! The goal is to do so in Q4 (allowing some Q4 production to spill over to delivery in Q1)." Tesla (TSLA) aiming for 'decent' quarter for deliveries after supply chain issues

The comment was in regards to EoQ delivery push but I think it hints that they know EV tax credit discussions might impact Q4 deliveries and they are planning to move some of those to Q1 as opposed to business as usual which is to get every vehicle they possibly can delivered by the EoQ.

Imagine that once the Tax Credit is signed into law a hundred thousand people will place orders pushing deliveries out for an additional year or so.

Expect to see price increases from Tesla just before that as well.
You knew this would eventually happen. We need more EV competition to keep pricing under control. I thought Tesla's goal was to create a $35k EV? If they keep raising the price to offset the tax credit then what is the point? The current M3 SR+/RWD is $46,190 with destination, once you factor in sales tax and fees the least expensive Tesla is about $50k. I guess Tesla sees the competition on the horizon and is going to maximize as much profit as they can? From a business perspective, I can't fault them but this is why we need more competition.

By the way, where is the $39k CyberTruck? If that truck was really offered for $39k then everyone and their grandma would buy one no matter how ugly one might think it is. :) $39k - $7,500 tax credit = $32,490 for a full size EV truck. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. 🤣 IMO, expect a $55k base price and higher.

Reactions: Starzwell
All cars are more expensive in the last couple years because of inflation and supply chains Many dealers are charging market adjustment fees. Teslas don’t have a dealer so they are doing it themselves. I really think it’s going to last a long time too unfortunately.

Yep, that's what I did too.
Have there been any stories of people being forced out of hold status?
Im being forced to either take the model 3 we ordered July 4th or I’m guessing loss the deposit. We put it on hold end of September, when we found a used 3 instead through tesla.

Annoying thing is we are getting automatic text but we are also picking up a model s today.

Im being forced to either take the model 3 we ordered July 4th or I’m guessing loss the deposit. We put it on hold end of September, when we found a used 3 instead through tesla.

Annoying thing is we are getting automatic text but we are also picking up a model s today.
Seems the only cases of people being forced to take delivery or have their order cancelled had orders at least 3 months old. Probably good news for anyone that ordered October and later that wants to delay delivery till next year.

Last edited: