Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another price increase tonight [04/06/2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR up $1500
P up $1000

1649301288177.png

Formerly

276001331_10227795856702392_5831102190714411747_n.jpg

You and me both!! I know that some options grandfather you into the old price or price when you had ordered. Does a change to M3P from M3LR change the price to what it was when you had ordered or does it change it to what it is now?

I want to say it keeps the pricing from the day you ordered, My hold ends the 17th so I got to decide quick and offload the current car.

Interestingly, among the M3 models, I think the LR has seen the largest increase this year. Perhaps due to the fact that the M3LR is the most popular of the M3 models.

1649352641981.png

I put an order in at the end of February and I am seeing a price increase of almost 10% since then!!

**Above chart does not include the most recent price increase of $1,500**

• Informative
Reactions: gonzo
Really? I thought once you change an option, the price changes to whatever it sits at currently. If true, I might just switch to the P
I've read both ways, not sure what type of change determines old price or new price. I think you can try to edit configuration on your account and it will show you the new price before you confirm it so you can see if its the old or new pricing.

Really? I thought once you change an option, the price changes to whatever it sits at currently. If true, I might just switch to the P

That FORMERLY was the case... Tesla changed the policy a few weeks ago in mid March. You can edit and retain "old" pricing at the time (but "free" MSM didn't exist until Nov so if your order is older than that... it's still $1K)

www tesla com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXX

Graphs are nice to see! =) At least the P trim did not make it back to the intro price of $78K.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (1).png
Tesla Model Y Base Price History (1).png
Tesla Model S Base Price History (1).png
Tesla Model X Base Price History (2).png

Source of graphs
Charts shows trims available to order online in US and off the menu (OTM) trims (dashed) available only in store or by phone.

Pricing is for US market in US dollars. Global prices, trims, and options vary by region. Pricing excludes destination charges, government fees, taxes, promotional offers, and all options. Pricing ≠ actual delivery of trim.

Graphs are nice to see! =) At least the P trim did not make it back to the intro price of $78K.

View attachment 791123
Source of graphs
Charts shows trims available to order online in US and off the menu (OTM) trims (dashed) available only in store or by phone.

Pricing is for US market in US dollars. Global prices, trims, and options vary by region. Pricing excludes destination charges, government fees, taxes, promotional offers, and all options. Pricing ≠ actual delivery of trim.

I am typically not one to catch things at the bottom or get the best deals available, but I totally lucked out getting my M3LR a year ago for the brief period the price bottomed out! I knew it was amongst the lowest prices, but I didn't realise the $45,990 price I paid was only ~2 weeks before they started raising it again!

That FORMERLY was the case... Tesla changed the policy a few weeks ago in mid March. You can edit and retain "old" pricing at the time (but "free" MSM didn't exist until Nov so if your order is older than that... it's still $1K)

www tesla com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXX
Ahhhhh, just texted an SA and they confirmed this. I can upgrade to a Performance at the price that was in place at the time I ordered.
Decisions decisions....

Reactions: makopolo
Would be cool if tesla could phase in some upgrades with these price increases. (I know they don’t **need** to, but seems like margins would be sufficient to support some improvements if they had them on the backburner)

Ahhhhh, just texted an SA and they confirmed this. I can upgrade to a Performance at the price that was in place at the time I ordered.
Decisions decisions....

for 2K you can have a 0.5 sec quicker acceleration to 60. Perhaps that will bridge the gap for you?
Talk me out of this too. I have an LR on order and the plan was to paint the wheels black and purchase the spoiler. But since I’ve been waiting so long I’ve been able to save up more money and the Performance is now within my price range (as long as I get the old price).

I’m being honest when I say talk me out of it…

Talk me out of this too. I have an LR on order and the plan was to paint the wheels black and purchase the spoiler. But since I’ve been waiting so long I’ve been able to save up more money and the Performance is now within my price range (as long as I get the old price).

I’m being honest when I say talk me out of it…
Let's just do this together man.... Gonna upgrade to the P. 😂😂 YOLO. I've gone through about 30 cars between me and the wife in our life, and have never owned the top tier trim before.