Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X5s run north of 75k. Then add some options they go way above 80k. I do get your point though. BMWs have a nice interior. Compared to Teslas simplistic design. Running costs are obviously much higher too.
I thought so too… but they cost less than you think.

See attached… not knowing what “markups” are added though.

Attachments

• 03D104E4-163D-4687-AEF3-408308E02AAC.jpeg
    03D104E4-163D-4687-AEF3-408308E02AAC.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 114
A MY in color and 20” rims is already $70k. And that will be a 8-12 month wait.

I truly think the only advantage Tesla has left is electric vs gas.

don’t forget the tech and fun factor. Not just electric vs gas. Also OTA updates so u are getting the latest update at all time.

still love how u can just walk up, open door, get in and just drive. Park and walk away.

also the AP features. I know what the car can do and can’t do.

it’s a big factor not having to stop for gas anymore. Wake up and the car is ready to go. And if u have solar, GG!

idk if i can get the same fun factor driving a X5 over my MYP. Every time I get inside my P, I have this smile in my face. After 5k now, still love that feeling and can’t have enough.

but would I paid 66k for a base MY, idk anymore. I’m not even going to consider a MYP for 70k! I would just drive whatever I have now and invest in TSLA since its pretty low now. Then buy a tesla in a couple of years depending on how welll the stock goes. 😃

Was to put an order for Model Y to replace my model 3 in few months, now I'm officially crossing Tesla off a buy list. **** me :(
You should buy a used one asap. You can find deals. I bought a 2020 m3p about 4 months ago to hold me over. I paid about $51,000. Trading to tesla tomorrow for a myp for almost $55k. I got the m3p just before the price hikes. But it takes time for new pricing to make its way to used.

I use cars.com, search 500 miles and sort lowest to highest. Same with other sites. I then put the vin into iseecars.com and you can see more data like how long its been listed and price reductions. Go through photos and see if it has FSD. The dealer I bought from didnt know the car I bought did. Didnt add value but probably would have been some.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Here’s a little dark secret -some people are taking advantage of these hikes and flipping their reservation to new buyers and pocketing the difference. Don’t believe me just search this forum. I’ve seen 3 successfully sell theirs in the past week right here! It is sad but Tesla seems to be allowing this.
I have a friend that is about to to take delivery of a MYP but may not be wanting to keep the car due to change in circumstances. What are his options if he were to sell it?