Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another round of price increases - March 14 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, Tesla just raised prices again in many countries including Canada. Second time in a week.

Model 3 RWD now starts at $61.4k
Model 3 LR now starts at $72k
Model 3 Performance now starts at $81.5k

Model Y LR now starts at $83k
Model Y Performance now starts at $89.3k

Model S LR = $129k
Model S Plaid = $178k

Model X LR = $147k
Model X Plaid = $185k

All above are in CAD

I'm super glad I locked in my price last week. This really sucks though as it will price many people out. Tesla is making cash though but I do feel for those you needed to wait and now it's harder to realize this purchase.

Well, Tesla just raised prices again in many countries including Canada. Second time in a week.

Model 3 RWD now starts at $61.4k
Model 3 LR now starts at $72k
Model 3 Performance now starts at $81.5k

Model Y LR now starts at $83k
Model Y Performance now starts at $89.3k

Model S LR = $129k
Model S Plaid = $178k

Model X LR = $147k
Model X Plaid = $185k

All above are in CAD

I'm super glad I locked in my price last week. This really sucks though as it will price many people out. Tesla is making cash though but I do feel for those you needed to wait and now it's harder to realize this purchase.
Noticed you had a red 3, and now a silver ,thinking of getting a second 3 and leaning towards the red, but was wondering how it is for showing dust etc.Once had a red Saab 900 that was very hard to keep clean looking, so appreciate your comments.

Noticed you had a red 3, and now a silver ,thinking of getting a second 3 and leaning towards the red, but was wondering how it is for showing dust etc.Once had a red Saab 900 that was very hard to keep clean looking, so appreciate your comments.
So the Multicoat Red is one of those colours that when it's clean, it really pops and has a lot of depth to it. But when it's dirty it just looks more dull, like a wine red at times.

I absolutely loved the red though. I find the Model 3/Y just attract dirt so easily because of their aerodynamic shapes. In the summer I could definitely keep it looking great after a wash and before any rain. But in the not so nice seasons it shows dirt easily.

I would have definitely ordered red again but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $2,600 for it when I paid $1,300 for it on my old car. I'll put that money towards some detailing on the Midnight Silver 3 once I take delivery.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: akidesir
Thanks for the detailed answer.This explains why sometimes I see the red and think it looks superb and other times, just dull.
I love my white , but don't think I want to have his and hers of the same colour. Sorry they went to black handles etc, not a fan of that.

Thanks for the detailed answer.This explains why sometimes I see the red and think it looks superb and other times, just dull.
I love my white , but don't think I want to have his and hers of the same colour. Sorry they went to black handles etc, not a fan of that.
No problem. I'm on the other side of the black trim, I'm happy they changed it. I had a chrome delete done on my red 3.

Wow, crazy pricing, we paid 54K for our black MY SR after BC rebate a year ago. We really lucked out with the 6 week window it was available. The MY now is approaching BMW and Audi pricing.
Flipping your Tesla is like flipping houses in Vancouver, big profit, but where are you going to buy/live? It is all relative.
Tesla will need to come out with a cheaper car before they price themselves out of the market...

Wow, crazy pricing, we paid 54K for our black MY SR after BC rebate a year ago. We really lucked out with the 6 week window it was available. The MY now is approaching BMW and Audi pricing.
Flipping your Tesla is like flipping houses in Vancouver, big profit, but where are you going to buy/live? It is all relative.
Tesla will need to come out with a cheaper car before they price themselves out of the market...
Not for a while they don’t. Demand is still ridiculously high.