TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another Secondary Offering

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Cattledog, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

1st - Last year, to retire government debt, fund development of Model X and Model E.

2nd - A few weeks ago, to prime the pump for the Gigafactory.

3rd - (Fantasy) To fund all the litigation to humble all the state dealership associations. A billion should do it. If you are so necessary (dealerships), let the market prove it. Let people pay thousands more per car because you offer some indispensible service. And that is...

2. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

Uh no way. I can think of about 10 better uses of money than that. I bought my car in TX and (as you probably know) it is a minor inconvenience at best. I am actually a fan of the status quo. Battles with dealers have consistently been mentioned in the news. It will give them a David vs Goliath cast for years, and no one likes dealers anyway.

3. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Member

American loves the story of an underdog. This only makes me want a Model S even more!

4. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Tesla doesn't need to fight this fight yet. The spare production will go to Norway, or China, or other places, for at least the next few years. By then I think the market's attitude will have changed significantly. If not, they can fight the battle then...