Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Service Center Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all - didn't think my first post would be of this nature but stuff happens. I have a Oct 2016 MX that was a demo that I bought in Nov of 2016 with under 2k miles.

The Tampa Service Center has been top notch from 2016 until Sept of this year - at least for me. They were awesome, communication was great, could actually talk to a human if I needed too, work was professional and done right the first time every time.

That has all changed unfortunately. First the tail gate lift quit working, the hatch would open all the way and when you try to close it, you can hear the gears turning but its trying to open it more not close it. I made an appointment for that. Then I started having issues where the AC would up and just quit. Park the car for an hour and it works again. So I asked to have that added to the work, my appointment got moved out another month. Then I asked to do the annual service same time and it went out to Jan. In my app chat after I mentioned my 6000 pound paperweight, they responded that the Hepa Filters were not available. Why didn't they just say that, so I told them to post pone that work but lets get the lift gate and ac working. They setup an 7 am appointment for Tuesday last week with an estimated completion date of today at 6 (Sunday). Not seeing any progress I sent a message in the app and was told they would do their best to get it done on time but that it could slip. So 2pm today I get a message that it needs to stay in service for another 7 days - seriously they didnt know that on Friday. Honestly I think its just sitting on the lot. When I went to drop it off there were so many cars waiting for service that they were parking in the aisles. It would really be nice to talk to a human at Tesla.

I also got the dreaded pop-up about needing immediate service and that the car might not start. I sent a message in the app and they wanted date and time for the log review. I had that down to the minute, sent it back to them. That was 3 weeks ago and no response. I sent an inquiry a few days ago and still nothing.

I have read many threads on the lack of customer service recently. I wonder if this is due to parts availability or if Tesla is trying to drive owners away?

Cheers

Steve