Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Side to the Delay Issue (related to car production and repairs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Cautionary tale... (Apologies to those already up-to-speed on the automobile industry news.)
  • Had to leave my 2021 Model X off at Sacramento Service Center for diagnosis and repair (front USB data ports stopped working).

• Used the day to accompanying friend looking to buy a new (hybrid SUV).

• Visited Honda and Toyota dealerships.

• What I saw shocked me:
    • Lots empty of new and used cars.
    • Showrooms empty.
    • (Tumbleweeds blowing through. Crickets chirping. Coyotes howling.)
  • When I asked, they admitted to positioning the few cars (mostly used) they had in the lots to hide as best they could the lack of vehicles for sale.

• While my friend went on test drives I read articles online like this:
    Should You Wait to Buy New Car?
So while I have been guilty of impatience with Tesla about certain delay issues, I guess it is only fair that I put any delay problems into context--Many or all of the car companies are dealing with global parts and manufacturing delays. (People are finding it difficult-to-impossible to find and buy new cars for at or under MSRP.)

*****​

And what about that repair? Thank heavens no replacement parts were needed. It was wire connectors (inside the center console) that had become detached. Relatively easy fix (and I have the ability to record security video again).

Last edited: