Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another "So let the mods begin" thread | 2022 Model S Long Range Refreshed-Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am never one to leave well enough alone, so less than 3 hours into ownership I felt compelled to tear my brand new Model S apart and do some mods.

Included in this thread will be the following "Mods"
- Interior trim swap - Wood to Carbon
- Front Licence plate delete
- Lowered with Blox links
- Wheels/Tires - Forgestar F14 22x9.5/22x10.5 with Continental DWS06+ 265/30&295/25
- Full body Matte PPF - Llumar Platinum (NtxLevel Detail)
- Ceramic Tint all windows - 20% 5 windows 50% windshield
- Maybe more...

So to get the ball rolling here I took on the hardest mod first.

Interior.1.jpeg

Interior.2.jpeg

Interior.3.jpeg

Interior.4.jpeg
Interior.5.jpeg
INterior.6.jpeg
Interior.7.jpeg

Last edited:
Next Up, License plate delete:

I will say that there are people on the forum who are asking about the funky bolts that hold the plate on, but you do not need to remove those at all. They only hold the body colored cover to the actual plate mount, which can all be removed at once.

I like to take 20lb test fishing line, wrap the line around two screwdriver handles and then use a sawing motion with the line behind the plate. I added some WD40 to the mix to help the line slide and it breaks down the adhesive at the same time.

Finished Product:

Exterior.1.jpeg

Looks awesome! And agree, leaving them alone is no fun, Ill have a relatively long list shortly after taking delivery of mine as well.

Question, a rumor is circulating that they removed the articulating hardware from the back of the center screen. It was there (just without the final gears / motors) on the original refresh (as seen in the Munro teardown) but speculation is that it was removed during the latest refresh?

Did the back of your screen look like this or something different?

articulating Model S refresh.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
My service center won't order me those pieces since I'm not a plaid :(. Looks nice surprised you can pull those all apart, did you use some sort of instructions? I worked on model 3s before so I know a lot of them just require pulling and a plastic pryer tool. I need to find some way to order the refresh lights and black bar so I can retrofit them.

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
Next up was lowering with the Blox lowering links +8mm/+9mm.

Then test fit wheels, which was a bit of a fail because I could not get the suspension to sink down while in jack mode, so I could not really see how the lip would look until I actually mounted tires and let it settle in.

I am very happy with the results.
Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave
22x9.5 et +15 with 265/30 22
22x10.5 et +19 with 295/25 22

20220313_161151.jpg

20220312_174709.jpg

20220312_180401.jpg

20220314_141931.jpg
20220314_141940.jpg
20220314_141921.jpg

Gratuitous rear end shot
20220314_132002.jpg

Attachments

• 20220314_141940.jpg
    20220314_141940.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 76
My service center won't order me those pieces since I'm not a plaid :(. Looks nice surprised you can pull those all apart, did you use some sort of instructions? I worked on model 3s before so I know a lot of them just require pulling and a plastic pryer tool. I need to find some way to order the refresh lights and black bar so I can retrofit them.
See reply above for instruction info ^

I think your service center is messing with you. All the parts are listed in the parts catalogue and do not have a VIN restriction, which means anyone can order them. Try another service center.

I am never one to leave well enough alone, so less than 3 hours into ownership I felt compelled to tear my brand new Model S apart and do some mods.

- Wheels/Tires - Forgestar F14 22x9.5/22x10.5 with Continental DWS06+ 265/30&295/25
- Maybe more...

View attachment 780739

View attachment 780740
View attachment 780741
View attachment 780742View attachment 780743View attachment 780744View attachment 780745
Looks great, any chance you can provide the part numbers for the CF trim part? And also, how hard was it to swap everything out?

- Maybe more...

View attachment 780739

View attachment 780740
View attachment 780741
View attachment 780742View attachment 780743View attachment 780744View attachment 780745

Impressive... I want to wrap my interior but I'm a bit hesitant to take it apart like you did.
Did you wrap the wood? Or did you install carbon fiber pieces ? Great work, cheers

did you also order the back cup holder in CF also? last i checked the thread said it was on Back order.
There was not a part number for that last I checked. Is it list in the parts catalog now?
Did you check if your center console light works correctly before tearing it apart? You could have fixed it while you had it broken down.
I did not, what is the issue that could be fixed? I am not aware of how it should or should not be working?
Impressive... I want to wrap my interior but I'm a bit hesitant to take it apart like you did.
Did you wrap the wood? Or did you install carbon fiber pieces ? Great work, cheers
It is fill trim replacement, not wrap.