Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another "So let the mods begin" thread | 2022 Model S Long Range Refreshed-Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So frustrating to see they will sell you carbon fiber trim but I’ve been waiting for two months for Tesla to replace the carbon fiber trim on my door that they broke when replacing my door panel.
The trim was purchased several months ago, so there is a very good chance they actually have supply issues now. Sorry to hear about your issue though.
How much was the carbon trim and would you know the price for the carbon spoiler too?
I purchased all the trim from another member, so I don't have to actual prices.

There is another thread about this as well as a YouTube video from a user named DArrick who gave parts and pricing in his video. Here is a screen grab of that video:
Screenshot_20220316-070101_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: cwanja and scrapps
wow those wheels fit much better than I was expecting when I first looked at the fitment specs. Those are really aggressive offsets but they do tuck nicely when lowered! great looking MS!
I was slightly apprehensive running this spec too. These are the first set Forgestar has cut for the Palladium so I worked with them to come up with an aggressive flush fitment. They told me they would machine them down from the current spec if it had any unwanted poke. I am very happy with the end result!

Reactions: bwherry
@cmarshack does the front passenger door trim come together with the black plastic bit above the actual carbon fibre trim, as seen in your picture? (On post 32, second trim piece from the right).

I took my tesla to the service center today to fix a window pane issue, and I think they may have wedged the actual ebony wood off the plastic part to access the bolt (essentially splitting the trim into two pieces), instead of removing the plastic bit from the front of the door panel. Now I have a gap between the actual wood and the plastic part that attaches to the door.

If it is indeed supposed to be one piece, I'm just going to order a replacement ebony trim and install it.

Thanks!

@cmarshack does the front passenger door trim come together with the black plastic bit above the actual carbon fibre trim, as seen in your picture? (On post 32, second trim piece from the right).

I took my tesla to the service center today to fix a window pane issue, and I think they may have wedged the actual ebony wood off the plastic part to access the bolt (essentially splitting the trim into two pieces), instead of removing the plastic bit from the front of the door panel. Now I have a gap between the actual wood and the plastic part that attaches to the door.

If it is indeed supposed to be one piece, I'm just going to order a replacement ebony trim and install it.

Thanks!
Yes, that is all one piece. If the service center broke yours, you should have them replace it. But worst case scenario, I think it's only about $100-$150 bucks and very easy to replace (So easy, that I am shocked the service center broke yours).

Yes, that is all one piece. If the service center broke yours, you should have them replace it. But worst case scenario, I think it's only about $100-$150 bucks and very easy to replace (So easy, that I am shocked the service center broke yours).
Unfortunately yea, I tried they took the wood trim off instead of the full insert. I don’t have pictures to prove it was ok before and they didn’t charge me on my leaky window repair, so I’ll just pay the $110 for the part…

I just hope it’s not a part that takes forever to order.

Attachments

• 21EC9495-A44A-4C38-BF22-3D6AA423CB86.jpeg
    21EC9495-A44A-4C38-BF22-3D6AA423CB86.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 66