TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another Soft Top problem (solved)

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by sethr, Jun 9, 2018.

1. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

So a few days ago, when putting the soft top back on, it didn't want to go into place. I discovered that the white plastic end cap that fits over the metal spring-loaded pin which locks the soft top in place had come partially off, and had gotten smooshed (highly technical term here). It no longer fit into the slot, and thus the top was not fully secured. I was near Tesla, so I dropped in. They informed me they had no parts, only the entire top available for a mere $1,000. I went home and with the help of a hair dryer and pliers, got the still damaged plastic part back on. The next day after several calls I found a Lotus dealership in New Jersey that had two of the end caps in stock. Only $3.88 each (plus shipping) and now all is well. If they had not had any in stock they would have had to come from England, BTW. The moral of this story is: occasionally look and check that all four end caps are all the way on the metal spring loaded pin! Might save yourself a hassle. Also, the Lotus part# is A116V0150H, should you need one.

• Informative x 5
    • Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. backmost

backmost Member

Thank you for the information!

3. bart513

bart513 Active Member

@sethr can you please give me the NJ number?
    Thx so much

4. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

I spoke to Doug, at 609-924-3223. Very nice guy. Some of the places I called before finding him are primarily dealerships for other brands, and had very little for Lotus.There's a website for Lotus, http://www.lotuscars.com/dealers-and-service-centres, that may lead you to another dealer who has the part you want, if they don't have it.

• Informative x 1
  5. bart513

bart513 Active Member