Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Spotify issue...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had Spotify issues from time to time like everyone. But, this feels different. Since the last software update, I can no longer log in to my Spotify account. Have tried all the usual tricks (MCU reboots etc). And have reentered my log in details and checked and rechecked user name and password... The free Tesla account works so it is not a connectivity issue...

Anyone else experiencing this? I am on 2018.2 0eddd23

In case anyone else struggling with this in the future... turns out it was a Spotify issue. Apparently, someone tried to access my Facebook account overseas, so FB put a freeze on my account (I did not know). Because I access Spotify through my FB login, this had the effect of blocking third party device access to Spotify (though NOT through the Spotify iOS apps...).

My only third party Spotify device is my Tesla. Sure enough I had to log into Facebook, change my password, then log into Spotify, and request a new username an password for third party devices...

A ball ache but it works now.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
In case anyone else struggling with this in the future... turns out it was a Spotify issue. Apparently, someone tried to access my Facebook account overseas, so FB put a freeze on my account (I did not know). Because I access Spotify through my FB login, this had the effect of blocking third party device access to Spotify (though NOT through the Spotify iOS apps...).

My only third party Spotify device is my Tesla. Sure enough I had to log into Facebook, change my password, then log into Spotify, and request a new username an password for third party devices...

A ball ache but it works now.
Simple - don't use facebook login for anything except facebook; it seems to get hacked regularly.