Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another stupid question I have...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chill mode is where I’m back too, it prevents high Jack rabbits starts off the light, I’m not into racing anyone and I drive very efficient. Also there is a lot less stress on the battery in Chill mode. In standard mode when you step on it, the Voltage Sag drops to 326 volts on average and in Chill mode the Voltage Sag drops to 350 volts. So Chill mode is less harder on the battery for those that are looking for battery longevity. Matt Shumaker of Tech Forum put it to the test.

Fred

Chill mode is where I’m back too, it prevents high Jack rabbits starts off the light, I’m not into racing anyone and I drive very efficient. Also there is a lot less stress on the battery in Chill mode. In standard mode when you step on it, the Voltage Sag drops to 326 volts on average and in Chill mode the Voltage Sag drops to 350 volts. So Chill mode is less harder on the battery for those that are looking for battery longevity. Matt Shumaker of Tech Forum put it to the test.

Fred
Can easily be moderated by your foot, without being in chill mode.

I would rather have the acceleration available, and never need it, than the opposite.

Reactions: Tron 3 and Msjulie

I would rather have the acceleration available, and never need it, than the opposite.

We've had our LR Model 3 RWD since August 2018 and I've always used Chill mode since I'm never in a hurry and I enjoy driving this wonderful vehicle. I recently noticed that my car's efficiency (miles/KWh) seemed to be lower than usual and I decided to switch to Standard. I don't do jackrabbit starts but find the car even more enjoyable to drive and, lo and behold, my car's
efficiency has improved!

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The one area for me that Chill is helpful is when using AP in traffic with constantly fluctuating speeds (including spot-and-go). TACC wants to treat the accelerator as an on/off switch sometimes and Chill takes the edge off.

Reactions: TW14 9LF
The one area for me that Chill is helpful is when using AP in traffic with constantly fluctuating speeds (including spot-and-go). TACC wants to treat the accelerator as an on/off switch sometimes and Chill takes the edge off.

So, decided to try this yesterday on my way home from work. Don't know if it's my imagination or wishful thinking, but it really did seem to do what you are saying. And it's quick and easy (three screen touches) to switch back and forth when I exit the highway and stop using AP.

Keith