Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another subwoofer option - NVX Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 sr+ and am considering this sub/amp along with the teslaoffer harness to activate the front speakers. Would there be any issues with them working together?

I think that would be a good combo. The TeslaOffer harness would activate the dormant speakers. For the NVX sub in a non-premium car, you will want to tap the signal from the front door speakers as those speakers are fed the lowest frequencies in the non-premium system.

I know there are a few comparisons to all-in-one underseat subs and yes they are great options but very different approach. These all-in-one subs can be as cheap as $100 up to close to $1000 depending on the brand.

Just received my order today from Sonic Electronix. with a missing XLCA2. Very frustrated as I won't be able to do my install/review. They are making me go thru a 10day claims process... eeeek didn't know customer service at some places like Sonic Electronix are still circa 2004. Would have participated in the group buy if I had known earlier and should have gone direct with NVX. :/ Review to come in a couple weeks, i guess.

• Informative
Reactions: sbtz
Just received my order today from Sonic Electronix. with a missing XLCA2. Very frustrated as I won't be able to do my install/review. They are making me go thru a 10day claims process... eeeek didn't know customer service at some places like Sonic Electronix are still circa 2004. Would have participated in the group buy if I had known earlier and should have gone direct with NVX. :/ Review to come in a couple weeks, i guess.

Why don't you just return it then? They've already messed up your order so return it and go direct with NVX.

@fsSnowboard, @mikeshyu, @bpobill, @Vines, @sbtz, and @Fits, you all mentioned that you might be interested in a GB and if you still are see post 52 above.

Just placed my order. Total out the door to SoCal listed below. Basically negates sales tax for me. They take Paypal too, so if you have a credit card that gives you 5% back on paypal, you can save a bit more.

SUBTOTAL $719.98
SHIPPING & HANDLING $0.00
DISCOUNT (TMCGROUP ) -$72.00
TAX $61.56
GRAND TOTAL $709.54

Long time lurker, but following this thread as I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the NVX kit. One question I have is from all the research I have done is that you need a battery isolator and a 100w resistor. In the video from NVX, they didn't install one of those so do you need to install these devices?

Long time lurker, but following this thread as I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the NVX kit. One question I have is from all the research I have done is that you need a battery isolator and a 100w resistor. In the video from NVX, they didn't install one of those so do you need to install these devices?
The only system I've seen using a battery isolator for the Model 3 is described in this thread: Model 3 Performance Audio Build by Matt Schaeffer of MusaicDesign.com
That build has two amps: amp 1 is 4x100@2ohms and amp 2 is 4 x 120 Watt + 1 x 720 Watt @2ohms. That car also has a lot of other power consuming items including customized lighting and air suspension. I would guess that the NVX system doesn't need an isolator but probably best to contact NVX directly if you are concerned. Not sure what the resistor would be used for but again best to check with NVX.

Their wiring diagram is on the product page. No isolator or resistor. I agree with @tlr1000 that it’s probably due to the low power consumption of their setup. But yeah they’re pretty knowledgeable so pls ask them and post back here their reply.

Just placed my order. Total out the door to SoCal listed below. Basically negates sales tax for me. They take Paypal too, so if you have a credit card that gives you 5% back on paypal, you can save a bit more.

SUBTOTAL $719.98
TAX $61.56
GRAND TOTAL $709.54
Keep everyone posted on your results! BTW, do you have a factory premium stereo? If so, will you disconnect factory sub or run both?

I'm highly considering this too thanks for organizing a gb! I see you live in Canada too. Which shipping method did you use and did you pay anything else when it arrived like duties or brokerage?

I purchased their LOC only and it was delivered via FedEx. As the product was so small, I did not incur additional customs fees. However, with a large package size, you should expect to pay customs fees. I did for my Hansshow audio kit shipped via FedEx.

I purchased their LOC only and it was delivered via FedEx. As the product was so small, I did not incur additional customs fees. However, with a large package size, you should expect to pay customs fees. I did for my Hansshow audio kit shipped via FedEx.

How bad was you customs hit? I'm guessing it was for the version F or E with the sub?

The only system I've seen using a battery isolator for the Model 3 is described in this thread: Model 3 Performance Audio Build by Matt Schaeffer of MusaicDesign.com
That build has two amps: amp 1 is 4x100@2ohms and amp 2 is 4 x 120 Watt + 1 x 720 Watt @2ohms. That car also has a lot of other power consuming items including customized lighting and air suspension. I would guess that the NVX system doesn't need an isolator but probably best to contact NVX directly if you are concerned. Not sure what the resistor would be used for but again best to check with NVX.

Their wiring diagram is on the product page. No isolator or resistor. I agree with @tlr1000 that it’s probably due to the low power consumption of their setup. But yeah they’re pretty knowledgeable so pls ask them and post back here their reply.

Thanks guys. I sent off an email to NVX yesterday to ask this and some other questions. I was hoping to hear from them today, but not yet. I will most likely order the kit this week. Excited I found this kit.

Thanks guys. I sent off an email to NVX yesterday to ask this and some other questions. I was hoping to hear from them today, but not yet. I will most likely order the kit this week. Excited I found this kit.
I'm fairly certain you won't need to worry about the isolator. The system I mentioned previously that used one not only has much bigger amps but they are also A/B amps versus a D amp that NVX uses. D amps are more efficient. So smaller amp and more efficient class will make a big difference in power draw.

I'm highly considering this too thanks for organizing a gb! I see you live in Canada too. Which shipping method did you use and did you pay anything else when it arrived like duties or brokerage?
I haven't ordered one yet but as @kiNGng3 mentions there will be taxes for sure and possibly customs brokerage fees - privilege of being in Canada ;). Anyways, there's no Canadian reseller and at least the exchange is much better these days so a bit more bearable.

SUBTOTAL $719.98
TAX $61.56
GRAND TOTAL $709.54

Are you planning to do the install yourself, or are you working with an installer? (I'm also in Irvine, and am not sure I can do this myself and am also lazy.)

EDIT: Also, does anyone have the actual installation guide? (not the video) The product page references a guide, but I haven't found a link.

Last edited: