Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another subwoofer option - NVX Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you planning to do the install yourself, or are you working with an installer? (I'm also in Irvine, and am not sure I can do this myself and am also lazy.)

EDIT: Also, does anyone have the actual installation guide? (not the video) The product page references a guide, but I haven't found a link.

Haha, I'm pretty lazy myself, but have had a bit of DIY install of subs and amps before with my old beater cars growing up as a teen.

Planning on doing it myself in order to keep the costs down. Will probably take my time and do it over a weekend when I'm free.

Thanks guys. I sent off an email to NVX yesterday to ask this and some other questions. I was hoping to hear from them today, but not yet. I will most likely order the kit this week. Excited I found this kit.

They must be in some transition. I emailed them a question and the representative wrote that I should call the technician instead of email. At the end of the email it asks me if I would hire this rep. Such a heavy question lol i'm not HR. Still waiting for a response to my question and it's been more than 2 days. Just to compare, Teslaoffer answered me in 20seconds via whatsapp during Chinese New Year. Even responded using voice recording. Now thats service! lol Interesting to see a Chinese-based company being more progressive than an American-based one. anyways

I'm thinking of buying the NVX sub package still. It comes in a custom fiberglass shell and is a 10in sub which is larger than the 8in oem. And the power of the amp is high enough to have decent power but low enough that it probably won't cause any power errors for the car. Just hope I don't have any technical issues

I'm fairly certain you won't need to worry about the isolator. The system I mentioned previously that used one not only has much bigger amps but they are also A/B amps versus a D amp that NVX uses. D amps are more efficient. So smaller amp and more efficient class will make a big difference in power draw.

Thanks for the info. I think I will order then kit then and not be too concerned about the isolator

They must be in some transition. I emailed them a question and the representative wrote that I should call the technician instead of email. At the end of the email it asks me if I would hire this rep. Such a heavy question lol i'm not HR. Still waiting for a response to my question and it's been more than 2 days. Just to compare, Teslaoffer answered me in 20seconds via whatsapp during Chinese New Year. Even responded using voice recording. Now thats service! lol Interesting to see a Chinese-based company being more progressive than an American-based one. anyways

I'm thinking of buying the NVX sub package still. It comes in a custom fiberglass shell and is a 10in sub which is larger than the 8in oem. And the power of the amp is high enough to have decent power but low enough that it probably won't cause any power errors for the car. Just hope I don't have any technical issues

Yea, I still haven't heard back from NVX. I contacted Sonic Electronics first when I first saw the kit and they wrote back within a day so between their email and this forum, I think I'm confident enough to purchase it and install it.

interesting. Maybe that is the case. I received almost immediate reply emails whenever I had a question. It was [email protected]

Are you planning to do the install yourself, or are you working with an installer? (I'm also in Irvine, and am not sure I can do this myself and am also lazy.)

EDIT: Also, does anyone have the actual installation guide? (not the video) The product page references a guide, but I haven't found a link.

Install guide is here

https://nvx.com/media/amasty/amfile/attach/BvHvgTn8XYpZeVYpenanf0sQ88k2vitE.pdf

And the wiring diagram is at the bottom of this page

BE-TM3-VSW10S2 | Tesla Model 3 Aftermarket Subwoofer and Box Upgrade

lol I feel like NVX should be paying me a salary

• Informative
Reactions: mattAUT and sbtz
Anyone purchase this kit for their sr+? Impulse buy for me once I saw the group buy discount but now I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew. :( Not sure how to tap into the L/R inputs and the 12V power for the XLCA2. I did order the Hansshow diy harness to activate the inactive speakers. Perhaps I can tap into those inputs? Any help would be much appreciated!

lol, glad you pulled the trigger. I think you'll be happy with it. Unfortunately, I have to put all mods on hold due to other financial obligations :( so I will live vicariously through you and other buyers.

Not to worry. The sub will always be there for you and is only a few clicks away. Whenever the time is right. I do appreciate you organizing the discount for everyone. I'll post pics and a review when I get it up and running.

Anyone purchase this kit for their sr+? Impulse buy for me once I saw the group buy discount but now I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew. :( Not sure how to tap into the L/R inputs and the 12V power for the XLCA2. I did order the Hansshow diy harness to activate the inactive speakers. Perhaps I can tap into those inputs? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have an sr+ but ordered the teslaoffer harness to activate the front speakers. They are going to modify the harness to accommodate this nvx system. I would suggest asking hannshow to do the same.

Not to worry. The sub will always be there for you and is only a few clicks away. Whenever the time is right. I do appreciate you organizing the discount for everyone. I'll post pics and a review when I get it up and running.

I absolutely demand a full review...lol.

I have an sr+ but ordered the teslaoffer harness to activate the front speakers. They are going to modify the harness to accommodate this nvx system. I would suggest asking hannshow to do the same.

You contacted TeslaOffer and they were willing to customize your harness? Was there a cost?

As far as I know there's no added cost. When I asked him if it shipped yet he said to wait till Monday because he has to customize my harness over the weekend. Did not mention any extra costs.
Even if there is a nominal cost, I think the fact they are willing to do that is pretty awesome. These guys are very customer-service oriented which is one of the reasons I didn't mind spending a couple extra bucks on their power trunk/frunk kits. Please show us a picture of the harness modification.

I wish there was more information available on the amp/wiring install - all of that was already done in their video, and their installation guide seems to only cover the sub/enclosure part. I'd like to see how difficult/dangerous it is before I decide to tackle it myself.

I wish there was more information available on the amp/wiring install - all of that was already done in their video, and their installation guide seems to only cover the sub/enclosure part. I'd like to see how difficult/dangerous it is before I decide to tackle it myself.

I haven't heard back from NVX, but Sonic Electronic states that there are instructions included with the kit on how to wire up the kit, which wires to tap and a bracket to install the LOC next to the oem amp. Not certain if this is accurate, but that's what the emailed me back.