Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla driver asleep at the wheel. Keep it up kids.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Doc Brown

"The deputy pulled alongside the 2019 Tesla and noted the driver's head was down and was not looking at the road, according to a release from Kenosha County Sheriff.

The deputy then activated his lights and siren in attempt to pull the man over, police said.

He followed behind for about 2 miles until the driver finally noticed he was being stopped when the deputy pulled alongside the Tesla for a second time, the release said."

Alternate headline: "Autopilot prevents crash of incapacitated driver". You know who didn't have autopilot? Jose Angel Munoz (RIP), and thousands of others whose cars leave the road.
(Link goes to latest fatality crash on the same website that initially posted the Tesla double fatality. All respect to Mr Munoz and family.)
Honestly, that's one of the reasons I really wanted to get a Tesla. Were something like that to happen that extra layer of safety could be lifesaving.

I think virtually everyone has gotten tired behind the wheel on long drives. I've been fortunate so far that I haven't crashed, but I did nod off a few times which led me to pull over and get some sleep.

I'm very glad to have AP now.
Just so long as having AP doesn't normalize the behaviour of driving while tired. If I ever find I had nodded off while driving, that would be the last time I drove until I could fix and prevent this behaviour. Hopefully people don't use AP as a tool for preventing crashes while tired.

Reactions: mark95476
People taking long drives with AP report feeling way better and more refreshed compared to driving without. I've only taken short commutes on 101/280/17/87 in the Bay Area, but I feel the same.

Just so long as having AP doesn't normalize the behaviour of driving while tired. If I ever find I had nodded off while driving, that would be the last time I drove until I could fix and prevent this behaviour. Hopefully people don't use AP as a tool for preventing crashes while tired.

People taking long drives with AP report feeling way better and more refreshed compared to driving without. I've only taken short commutes on 101/280/17/87 in the Bay Area, but I feel the same.
I can confirm this. I've taken many 12+ hour road trips and the combination of stretching your legs at charging stops and AP reducing driver fatigue result in much more energy when you arrive.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Getting really sick of people who fall asleep at the wheel.

Whether its behind the wheel of a Tesla with AP or behind the wheel of a box truck.