Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

another Tesla killer that doesn't quite live up to the initial hype

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software bugs happen, no big deal there.
If the recall means taking it into a dealer to fix, then that's a fail. If they can fix it OTA, then good on them.

I don’t know much about this yet, but if they’re calling it a recall, it will likely have to go in.
I think when Tesla had to fix the brake distance problem, they didn’t issue a recall, they just did it in about a week over the air.

Reactions: nomis_nehc
I don’t know much about this yet, but if they’re calling it a recall, it will likely have to go in.
I think when Tesla had to fix the brake distance problem, they didn’t issue a recall, they just did it in about a week over the air.

That wasn't a recall situation, that was press citing poor braking, and Tesla said what evs, we can do better. Update pushed.

Did you guys see the report volvo is recalling all 2200 polestar 2s delivered so far because they are shutting off even mid drive, I wonder if they'll get the same amount of negative press tesla would have if that happened. Just gonna say i love my 3.
Which is more embarrassing for a "Tesla killer": random shutdowns or only delivering 2200 so far?

OK lets just add this to the list of over hyped cars. My god here in Germany
every car that has a few letters in there name or a star is at any moment
going to have a Tesla killer. First was BMW i3, some of the new VW stuff,
hell they even wanted the Kia and leaf to kick its ass. I guess late to
the party with not so good partner. Carry on.