Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla motorcycle death in Boca Raton, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interesting to know if the Teslas involved were equipped with radar or if they used Tesla Vision.
Apart from the fact that the driver is responsible for well... driving, the radar might still have been able to see the motorcycles and initiate an emergency braking maneuver if the driver didn't notice them.

Reactions: FlyF4
Did this car have autonomous braking? If so was it turned off
You are, perhaps, referring to Automatic Emergency Braking? Even if turned on, AEB is not guaranteed to prevent a crash. It is designed to mitigate one. And, AEB is overridden if the accelerator or brakes are used.

Mitigating a crash into a motorcycle likely means little.

Perhaps some of the new capabilities that Tesla has been touting with their new vector space improvements could prevent drunks from running into others one day.

I think you missed a bit of sarcasm from JulienW. It seems there are more headlines when a Tesla is involved in anything whether it is relevant or not.
While I'm sure this is true I think one of the reasons is all the rage clicking from Tesla fans.
I remember a thread where someone was complaining about there's so much more reporting on Tesla fires than Chevy Bolt fires. But if you do a Google search there are actually more hits for Bolt fires (though Bolts do catch on fire at a higher rate so reporting per fire is probably higher for Teslas). There is definitely a "why do I keep seeing what I'm looking for?" aspect to all this.