TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another Tesla owner from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chop110, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Chop110

Chop110 Member

I just got my Model S this last Tuesday and thought I would send out a big "howdy" from Houston, TX.

Funny, I actually work in the oil and gas industry. I am not sure what my clients are going to think of me not supporting the status quo with my choice of personal transportation! I would say I was definitely more intrigued by the car and the technology inside of it than it's green credentials. I love this car. I can't say it enough just how awesome it is... The punch on your seat when you floor it, the silent thrill on a cushion of air; it feels more like a magic carpet ride than driving a big hunk of metal. Cue in the Steppenwolf, baby!!! :biggrin:

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Welcome, Chop110: you're at the very beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Seems to me that TMC members are divided roughly down the middle on the question of whether to list green cred as a significant factor in their decision to buy a Model S.

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Hey! Congratulations.

Your gas clients should love you. 56% of our electricity comes from gas.

4. Chop110

Chop110 Member

Stevezzzz - interesting... :smile:

Bollar - that's true! Another Texan Model S owner! Way to stick it to the TX state dealer lobby! Ha!

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

~1500 Models S in Texas as of early July, according to the DMV. Happy hunting!

6. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Should be double that. Maybe this session.

7. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Welcome--from a former Houstonian (well, Pearland and Missouri City and Sandy Point, but they are close enough to be called Houston, right?)

8. Chop110

Chop110 Member

Hey! I am from Pearland! The place has really boomed lately.