TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another Tesla Screw-up? (Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ab26, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

@hulk2k17 - So I did exactly the above. Customer Support said they dont know what I am talking about....and that they need to create a ticket for my local SC to solve this issue for me. Seems like going round and round in circles. Seems like Tesla is clueless on how to fix cars!

2. eternal

eternal Member

My own experience on this matter:

was told my car doesn’t have the lights and it wasn’t configured to have it. I was told that I would need to speak with my OA regarding what features should have been standard. This is a late August 2017 build with the new AP2.5 (even has the bundled air suspension which is standard and should be standard along with adaptive LED headlights).

So the SC has no idea about this issue and despite having the spec sheet in front of them, are sticking to that the car was built without the option and that unless I had the premium lighting package, I wouldn’t get this option. (despite that not being an option anymore).

3. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Wow **** them

4. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Sorry to hear that. Those are exactly the steps I took. Hopefully it works out for you guy in the end.

5. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Thinking about escalating again to the executive team. Is anything even being done about this? I seriously get the sense they are just telling people to wait and not doing anything

6. James*

James* Member

I keep being told that they're still "building the packages" and that I'll need to wait until they get the parts.

7. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

No update here.

8. nime01

nime01 Member

My X is equipped with the 3-position LED lights as shown here: Adaptive kurvelys - kun med Premiumpakke på nye biler but I don't have the option to enable them under vehicle>settings.

Someone mentioned in the same thread that the 3-position LED lights do not currently work with AP 2.5. Hopefully we only need an update to get those lights working, as it delivered as a standard feature.

9. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

That’s not true. People on this forum have confirmed that they get the Adaptive Light menu show up on their dash when they have the PUP - with AP2.5.

10. nime01

nime01 Member

So the lights work with AP 2.5 and PUP.
    Non-PUP and AP 2.5 do not, but is supposed to.

11. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

Is that a statement or a question? If a statement, that’s very unusual. If a question, then yes, they are supposed to and don’t. Which I understand can be fixed very easily as has been described earlier in the forum. To date though, I have not had success in getting my lights to work....

12. flyinghawaiian

Just picked up my 100D non PUP Model X. I can confirm mine had the adaptive LED headlights with the adaptive headlight settings available.

13. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Member

my MS 75D was built in October and i don't have the feature either. I keep getting conflicting information of what needs to be done. First i need an update then the next time i talk to someone I'm told the factory messed up and put the wrong lights in and they have no idea when any will be in stock. I can't even figure out how they stay in business. This is just a minor example of what happens.

14. Ross9733

Ross9733 Member

I dropped my car off today to have the adaptive headlights installed. Will let everyone know how it goes and if it’s succesful. But I have a p85+ loaner so they can take their time!! Off topic but this yacht floor is awesome!!

• Like x 1
  15. sub

sub Active Member

Picked up our new non PUP X75D Saturday and I have the lights and option under settings.

16. eternal

eternal Member

Scheduled to have my adaptive headlights installed tomorrow. Hoping it goes well without a hitch. Supposed to get a loaner MS but I prefer my MX

• Like x 1
  17. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

How
    How did you get them to.agree to install.it

18. speedy

speedy Member

(I know this is the X forum, but it's the same issue with the S)

I was one of the earlier folks who experienced this problem back in September and wanted to provide an update:

The lack of adaptive headlights on current non-PUP vehicles was discussed from about the late September time frame. It took a while, but eventually feedback started coming from some Tesla SCs that acknowledged this issue and that corporate was compiling a list of affected VINs and would be reaching out soon. I took this at face value and waited, but after almost 3 months after delivery, recently decided to do something about it. I used the Executive Escalation option to ask for an update on the issue and for when the retro fit would be taking place. A day later, I received an email from someone in Corporate saying that my car was indeed affected and that someone from the local SC would be reaching out. A day or two later, someone from the local SC called me and told me that they had ordered the new lights for me and would schedule an appointment when they came in. This week, he called to say the parts have arrived and I am scheduled to go in in early January to have the work done.

I know a lot of folks have had mixed results dealing with their local SC as well as the escalation process, but I have to say that my personal experience, limited that it is, has been extremely positive and everyone that I dealt with has been totally professional and helpful.

I will report back after the work is done.

19. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

What did you write to the executive team. My SC said they have no update. Just that it wont get done until 2018. Thats all they know

20. speedy

speedy Member

Exactly what I wrote above. I described the problem, how long it's been going on, and asked for an update for when they would be starting to update all affected vehicles.

When the SC called, they did say that there would be a wider communication going out to all the affected users later, but there's no telling when that might happen.