Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Screw-up? (Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those affected I received this message from corporate after escalating again asking about what the plan was.

"I received confirmation that internally we are finalizing the internal and external communications regarding the adaptive headlight correction/retrofit. As currently planned, you should receive a personal email from HQ on this by the 2nd week of March, as will the rest of the vehicles impacted.

We apologize for the miscommunication on this from the beginning, but there is a plan in place, and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel to fix this for you and the other impacted owners. "

Did you receive the email they promised? I certainly did not.

Don’t bother. Just wait.

I used executive escalate and finally got a reply. It took 3 weeks to get be part and schedule the install. The Tyco rd service center said “this is the first one we’ve done. These aren’t supposed to roll out until two months from now.” Not a good sign. They gave me a loaner for the day and I brought it back that night and got the car. New lights installed but no button on the MCU.

So they took the car back and gave me back the loaner and spent 2 days installing new firmware. They dropped the car off at my house.... and it had the new button but it didn’t do anything.

Picked it up again. Another two days. Fixed it. But it took three tries. Just wait until they get the process figured out and start rolling it out. Yes you can spam executive escalate... but I spent about six hours going back and forth. I have to recommend that you wait a few months.

Oh and also the new lights do almost nothing. It is nowhere near the capability of the manually moving lights on my 6 year old car. Very in-Tesla. But I do understand the desire to get what you paid for.

• Informative
Reactions: J__T and forzawq
Finally! Thanks Tampa Service!

Attachments

• 829232FE-14A2-4704-A742-DBADE3D5D548.jpeg
    829232FE-14A2-4704-A742-DBADE3D5D548.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 132
Iv posted before for a friend of mine that has this problem. She has escalated the issue online, talked to service center numerous times and given them evidence that this issue is real.

But now they claim that her car is configured that way. Which is 100% bullshit since this "option" is not an option but standard in ALL X & S. She ordered the car late August last year.

Tesla wont do anything about it. Iv looked at the car, they have tried to fixed it before they "gave up" and now claim that the car shouldn't have the 3 cornering LED Lights. What they have managed to do now is that 2 out of 3 LED Lights is constantly ON/shining.

It's funny, she has the right hardware headlights, now 2/3 LEDS are always shining(no button in UI). And Tesla claim she dosent have "premium lightning package" which wasnt an option but standard when she ordered the car.

Agree. It is a great gimmick, cool to look for (definitely ask for it), but they are useless...

I think they work reasonably well and quite useful when making a sharp 90 degree turn. I could certainly live without them too, but they are quite obvious in providing additional peripheral light. I've had active dynamic lighting in other cars (e.g. Porsche) and I actually found them a bit distracting while placing the car on the road - they gave the impression that the front end of the car was loose, lol!

I think they work reasonably well and quite useful when making a sharp 90 degree turn. I could certainly live without them too, but they are quite obvious in providing additional peripheral light. I've had active dynamic lighting in other cars (e.g. Porsche) and I actually found them a bit distracting while placing the car on the road - they gave the impression that the front end of the car was loose, lol!
Hi, I'm now struggling to get adaptive headlights fitted to my Model X (Nov 2017). Did yours come with it? If not which SC carried out the retrofit for you? Thanks.