Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Screw-up? (Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No PUP for me. Others, don't know. Delivery manager did confirm the 3 way lights are standard since July 21st.
They just didn't know if they can re retro fitted. Should know more tomorrow.

Might be worth finding out. Then we could draw some better theories about what might be happening on the manufacturing side with these lights. Still best of luck. Let us know what you find out.

I kinda think this happened because of a inconsistency between sales / marketing and manufacturing. I don’t think manufacturing were intending to install the lights on non-pup car. There’s no report of a single non-pup car that has this feature.

This is a really really sad state of affair on Tesla’s part.

The adaptive headlights worked this way right from the beginning (there hasn't been any significant changes to the hardware yet). It would seem that all vehicles come with the same hardware, but originally only the PUP vehicles "enabled" the feature. A lot of these features are software controlled, so it's entirely possible that the car is misconfigured and it could be fixed from head-office.

They are different headlights. Not able to fix over the air. Delivery is checking to see if the correct headlights can be retrofitted.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca
Are you referring to the “Tesla” forum? It’s my understanding that was to discuss topics about Tesla as a company, as opposed to specific issues about their cars. Slight distinction.
People have used it for a lot of 'common' topics such as quick sample below (referrals, AP 8.1 on HW1, etc.) But most people stay in their 'zone', of S or X and post there... those of us that want to see what's going on have many forums on 'show me new posts' but that seems not to be too reliable (or the alert system is overwhelmed, not sure which).

upload_2017-9-25_10-49-19.png