Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Screw-up? (Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So I took delivery of my non-PUP Model X (my order was confirmed Aug mid) last week. Upon driving, I noticed that the adaptive headlights was not working. I pinged my DS and contacted Tesla Fremont Service and they mentioned that this is part of the premium package and therefore not included in my car.

Isn't the "Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light" which Tesla advertises as standard feature the same as the "adaptive headlights"?

My DS is saying that "Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light" is the L shaped LED light that's next to the fog lights. But then that is not true, since I had that in my 2016 Model X as well and the "Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light" only became standard this quarter.

For those folks with non-PUP Model X and who took delivery in the last 2 weeks, can you confirm if you guys have this feature enabled?

Isn't the "Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light" which Tesla advertises as standard feature the same as the "adaptive headlights"?
I am not certain what you mean by "adaptive headlights" but I assume you mean the dynamic LED turning lights.

Currently the page at Order a Model X shows the dynamic LED turning lights are standard. You state that you took delivery of your new X last week. Even though it does not have the PUP option I would have thought that your new X should have the dynamic LED turning lights.

The "adaptive headlights" is the one shown in the manual (screenshot attached). I am wondering if "adaptive headlights" and the "LED cornering lights" are used interchangeably, or whether they are actually different features.

Attached is the screenshot.
led_cornering.png

I am working with Fremont Service now. Do you what's the exact option code for the LED cornering lights?

Unfortunately I don't. It could also be that the PUP package code has a different meaning depending on the production date. Here's the list of options for mine.

RENA,AD15,AF02,AH00,APF1,APH2,APPB,AU01,BC0B,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CC01,CDM0,CH04,PPSW,COUS,CW00,DRLH,DSH7,DV4W,FG02,FR01,GLFR,HC00,HP00,IDBO,INBPB,IX01,LP01,LT3B,ME02,MI02,PF00,PI01,PK00,QLPB,RCX0,RFPX,S02B,SC04,SP00,SR05,ST01,SU01,TIC4,TM00,TP03,TR00,TRA0,TW01,UM01,USSB,UTAB,WT20,X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X025,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X042,YFFC,MDLX

I found a link to an options decoder but it has a lot of missing ones.

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Unfortunately I don't. It could also be that the PUP package code has a different meaning depending on the production date. Here's the list of options for mine.

RENA,AD15,AF02,AH00,APF1,APH2,APPB,AU01,BC0B,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CC01,CDM0,CH04,PPSW,COUS,CW00,DRLH,DSH7,DV4W,FG02,FR01,GLFR,HC00,HP00,IDBO,INBPB,IX01,LP01,LT3B,ME02,MI02,PF00,PI01,PK00,QLPB,RCX0,RFPX,S02B,SC04,SP00,SR05,ST01,SU01,TIC4,TM00,TP03,TR00,TRA0,TW01,UM01,USSB,UTAB,WT20,X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X025,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X042,YFFC,MDLX

I found a link to an options decoder but it has a lot of missing ones.

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

OK. This is crazy though. Tesla cannot be advertising one thing and then shipping something else. Can someone who took their non-PUP car recently confirm if their LED cornering lights is working or not? I want to know if this is an issue with my car only or all non-PUP cars built recently.

Check your VIN on the build date. Anything after July 2017 should have the adaptive lighting. Does your car have soft led lighting all around?

My car is a sept 2017 build. Ordered mid August. What is the soft led lighting that you are referring? I do have the interior premium lighting working.

I am currently really really annoyed. Neither my DS or Fremont Service have been very helpful. My DS is saying that this should be part of premium package.

Yes, I was referring to the premium lighting. If your car is a Sept. 2017 build then you should have dynamic lighting enabled. It looks someone messed up and didn't install the proper headlights / enabling the feature on your X.

I found the link for you since Tesla took it down for some reason.

Model X | Tesla

Scroll down to Specs and it's listed as a standard option..

• Helpful
Reactions: SweetP
Yes, I was referring to the premium lighting. If your car is a Sept. 2017 build then you should have dynamic lighting enabled. It looks someone messed up and didn't install the proper headlights / enabling the feature on your X.

I found the link for you since Tesla took it down for some reason.

Model X | Tesla

Scroll down to Specs and it's listed as a standard option..

Thanks! I am hoping another non-PUP Tesla Model X owner who got their car recently checks this and post whether they have this option working or not. Trying to gage if it was a screw up only for my car or for all non-PUP cars.

Dynamic LED used to be a part of PUP but it's not anymore. Tesla consolidated Cold Weather PKG with some of the PUP option such as self presenting doors, HEPA filtration and Premium audio into one.

What used to be part of PUP is now standard such as Dynamic LED lighting, LED fogs, premium interior lighting.

• Helpful
Reactions: djcasava