Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Service Concern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That wasn't the question you asked. Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute? You appear to be nothing buy a fanboi who apologizes for Tesla.

I literally cut and pasted it...I asked about tread depth and you said "Its a 2019. They know this as they have remote..."

I'm a BMW fanboy actually. Had the Tesla 3 weeks and its the wife's...hardly a fanboy of Tesla.

1633296552162.png

I literally cut and pasted it...I asked about tread depth and you said "Its a 2019. They know this as they have remote..."

I'm a BMW fanboy actually. Had the Tesla 3 weeks and its the wife's...hardly a fanboy of Tesla.

View attachment 717508
Show me where in that cut and paste it asks a question other than "What year is your car".

BMW fanboi...that explains it. Head over to Bimmerfest where your non constructive input is valued.

• Funny
Reactions: SaintMickey®
(moderator note)

Since I already warned about this and can see this is devolving, I am putting this thread on a time out. In general, when people start mentioning stuff like "Fanboi" the discourse of a thread goes way way downhill, very fast. I may or may not unlock it later.

(post unlocked)

Last edited:
I had a wind noise in my car since I picked it up in December. Two mobile service visits, and one drop off at the SC and it still wasn't fixed. Last time I took it to a different SC (commuting between Portland and Palm Springs). They said warranty only covers wind noise for six months. I told them this has been a problem since the first month, and that I respectfully request they keep the car until it's fixed (the SC kept trying to get me into a loaner which I declined). It's finally fixed.

On my GTI, three times to the dealer for a rattle in the sunroof. Magically after it came out of warranty and I had to pay for the repair, they "found" the rattle.

IMO if a vehicle is under a bumper to bumper warranty then the repair estimate should be $0.00. In all of my years having vehicles repaired under warranty not a single one had an estimate for cost prior to the examination of the issue. This is, IMO, a black eye for Tesla.
I don't know what dealers you been going to, but in all my years and many cars, this is not that uncommon, nor is the common trick of , well if its not covered under warranty, than it will be this much etc. I hate bringing cars in for warranty exactly for this reason.

2) I found out that Tesla currently have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment.

Interesting that this quote intimates that this person somehow has access to Tesla service wait times for the entire country (that happen to be incorrect, as I made an appointment with tesla about 2 weeks ago that had a 4 day lead time from me making the appointment, to the appointment).

So, no, there is no "1 month wait for ANY service appointment", and it wouldnt be possible for anyone to know tesla wait times across the entire company unless they worked for tesla service department as an executive with access to all that data.

In any case, This is just a heads up that unless the post is about this specific issue in the subject title, its likely to be moved to another thread / or subforum, as appropriate for what the content is.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Jo060 and GtiMart
Interesting that this quote intimates that this person somehow has access to Tesla service wait times for the entire country (that happen to be incorrect, as I made an appointment with tesla about 2 weeks ago that had a 4 day lead time from me making the appointment, to the appointment).

So, no, there is no "1 month wait for ANY service appointment", and it wouldnt be possible for anyone to know tesla wait times across the entire company unless they worked for tesla service department as an executive with access to all that data.

In any case, This is just a heads up that unless the post is about this specific issue in the subject title, its likely to be moved to another thread / or subforum, as appropriate for what the content is.
When you make an appointment, it will assign to the nearest Service Center based on your home address, which is 1 mile from my home. I talk about my specific Service Center NOT for the entire company. My posts are related to the Tesla's quality based on the very gross missing brake pad, then saying it sounds normal for a Performance model. My original post is in M3 waiting/delivery to alert future customers about a possibility. Discussion threads have many related issues that present a overall picture

I talk about my specific Service Center

Curious...you seem to have such distain towards Tesla, yet you still own one. You own and advertise a vehicle that is part of a company "under a dictator".

My question is why don't you sell your Tesla? I'm sure this will rub @Msjulie the wrong way again as I got a "thumbs down" from them when previoisly suggesting to sell your vehicle, but it seems like the logical idea.

If I owned a vehicle I wasn't happy with, especially knowing I could sell it for a profit, I wouldn't think twice.

When you make an appointment, it will assign to the nearest Service Center based on your home address

Weird... when I make one it asks ME to pick which service center I want.

Listing not only the "nearest" one, but 3 other further away ones.

Given you're in CA surely there's more SCs than the nearest- perhaps if you pick a different one you'll see shorter times.

BTW, my local one has appointments for this Friday...next nearest soonest is Thursday. The next 2 further away both have appointments for tomorrow available.

Curious...you seem to have such distain towards Tesla, yet you still own one. You own and advertise a vehicle that is part of a company "under a dictator".

My question is why don't you sell your Tesla? I'm sure this will rub @Msjulie the wrong way again as I got a "thumbs down" from them when previoisly suggesting to sell your vehicle, but it seems like the logical idea.
🤣

The car is pretty good, least I think so - but Tesla has a long way to go in many areas.

Reason to bail? Maybe. Plenty valid to make concerns known I'd argue which shouldn't warrant snide comments from others.

At some point Tesla will have real competition and issues like sub-standard service, at-whim UI downgrades, challenging part availability etc may actually matter to them.

🤣

The car is pretty good, least I think so - but Tesla has a long way to go in many areas.

Reason to bail? Maybe. Plenty valid to make concerns known I'd argue which shouldn't warrant snide comments from others.

At some point Tesla will have real competition and issues like sub-standard service, at-whim UI downgrades, challenging part availability etc may actually matter to them.
Did you not read his/her other posts? Suggesting the sale of his vehicle seems reasonable based on their disgust for the company.

You clearly didn't like the comment. My original post was suggesting them to sell the vehicle. You didn't like the suggestion.. That's all
Ok yeah I felt it had a sarcastic tone, apologies if not

Folks often say this - just sell it if you don't like <insert broken Tesla process here>. Sounds witty perhaps but it's not like it's trivial in many cases. My sister finally got delivery of her Y in December after months waiting, setting up loan, insurance, selling of old car etc. She's not installing the V11 mess because she needs 1-button defrost access.

Whatever, point being for her to decide to sell now is a serious PITA. And in some ways, just lets Tesla off the hook for devaluing - to them - her very expensive brand new car at some designer's whim. Why is that ok?

And so quick comments like that feel sarcastic and can be off-putting. That's all.

Reactions: Jo060