Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another text blast? "...built in the next 7 days."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text saying that "be ready for delivery near the end of June.". I'm cautiously optimistic (no VIN in account yet) since this is the first update I've received since I placed my order (5/22).

Should I start applying for financing now? Or should I wait till either VIN shows up or another text update (like build in 7/14 days)?
I would wait until you have a VIN. They are only good for 30 days.

Hopefully they mean it. Previously got the 6/2 "2 to 4 weeks to delivery" text. And now just got this text:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

I called and had a VIN for about 2 weeks. No text and no communication from Tesla. I ping’d my SA and he said there wasn’t any updates on a delivery date as of Friday. It doesn’t look good. I ordered the second week of May and was told to expect delivery the “beginning of June”...not so much.

I’d apply for financing ASAP as several had said those with completed financing get priority.

I called and had a VIN for about 2 weeks. No text and no communication from Tesla. I ping’d my SA and he said there wasn’t any updates on a delivery date as of Friday. It doesn’t look good. I ordered the second week of May and was told to expect delivery the “beginning of June”...not so much.

I’d apply for financing ASAP as several had said those with completed financing get priority.

I think this is one of my primary problems, I did self financing route, I should have said Cash and then self financed.

I think that people who choose self financing are at the bottom of the priority.

I think Tesla should take a little more time making sure the y is really ready to be shipped I had delivery date the 12th then was informed of a cracked roof glass they had the car for 3 days prior to my delivery date they called 2 hours before the time to alert me. I am not a happy camper, I pre ordered the car in march . The car better have NO other issues or they can keep it.

I think Tesla should take a little more time making sure the y is really ready to be shipped I had delivery date the 12th then was informed of a cracked roof glass they had the car for 3 days prior to my delivery date they called 2 hours before the time to alert me. I am not a happy camper, I pre ordered the car in march . The car better have NO other issues or they can keep it.

I preordered in November and have never had a VIN or delivery date.

You will still get your car before me.

My VIN showed up in my source code this AM, at noon got a text to schedule pickup for Friday delivery in Mt Kisco NY.
Multi-Red, Premium White LR/AW, Gemini, FSD & Hitch

I figured Elon would push them out for Q2 financial reporting.

Fingers crossed!

Man, I am glad to see you got your VIN! I have a similar config - Red-White-LR-Gemini but no FSD or Hitch. I'm in SC, so seeing progress in FL is encouraging. When did you order?

I also got the 7-day text yesterday, then today there was a VIN in source. We will see what happens. I am not holding my breath since I may need to reject delivery if there are issues with the car.

MY, blue/black, 19", no hitch, FSD, Tesla financed.

My VIN showed up in my source code this AM, at noon got a text to schedule pickup for Friday delivery in Mt Kisco NY.
Multi-Red, Premium White LR/AW, Gemini, FSD & Hitch

I figured Elon would push them out for Q2 financial reporting.

Fingers crossed!

Very encouraging! I have a similar build ordered early March for that location. No VIN yet. Please post on your experience with the SC and any issues you find.