Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another text blast? "...built in the next 7 days."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for a MSM LR black interior 19" wheels FSD
2/20 - Placed order
6/2 - Text from Tesla, expect your model Y to be built in the next 10 days
6/14 - Text from Tesla, expect your model Y to be built in the next 7 days
Nothing since then. Is there any way to get info on what is actually happening?

Waiting for a MSM LR black interior 19" wheels FSD
2/20 - Placed order
6/2 - Text from Tesla, expect your model Y to be built in the next 10 days
6/14 - Text from Tesla, expect your model Y to be built in the next 7 days
Nothing since then. Is there any way to get info on what is actually happening?
One thing you can do is go to their online chat. Go to the Tesla webpage and start to order a Model Y. In the lower right corner, you should see a little "chat" icon. They'll be able to transfer you to the delivery team, who might (or might not) have more info for you.

One thing you can do is go to their online chat. Go to the Tesla webpage and start to order a Model Y. In the lower right corner, you should see a little "chat" icon. They'll be able to transfer you to the delivery team, who might (or might not) have more info for you.

Thanks for that. Was able to get in touch with delivery through the chat function. Apparently previous texts were completely meaningless. Because of the way financing was set up Tesla didn't actually consider my order complete until 6/5, so I was told that I could expect delivery 4-8 weeks from that date. By that time my financing will have expired and I'll have to have another credit pull done. I must say the lack of clear communication through this process is rather frustrating. If the process had been more clear I could have had everything in place in February.

I get the 7 day text from Tesla saying my car will be ready in a week. 2 weeks go by and I hear nothing. This last Tuesday I get a VM from Tesla at 11:10 am saying they have my car ready and I need to call back and accept delivery before noon or I will have lost out on the car and will have to wait for a new VIN that wont be ready until September. So I decided not to rush it. I pushed back delivery until September. A few reasons why I did this. First I had been checking weekly in the source code if I had been assigned a VIN#. I never received one and my source code never indicated I had one until the day I was told I need to accept delivery or wait until September. This leads me to believe that my car was one that was most likely turned away from a previous customer. No way to confirm but I have a feeling. I am thinking I wont take delivery until they assign me a VIN # that I am able to track for a few weeks so I know that I am the first one offered that car. I don’t want to waste my time driving up to Fremont just to refuse delivery of my vehicle. I am a first time buyer and I know COVID has turned everything upside down but I was surprised when I was only given a 50 min window to accept delivery of a brand new $60K car. It seemed like they were really pushing to get as many people to accept delivery as possible before the end of Q.
Has anyone else experienced something like this when told to take delivery? And with such a short window?

I ordered beginning of May. AWD LR MSM Induction White interior FSD.