Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another text from Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 1 - 2 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 1 - 2 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

I also just got his identical text. I ordered a MY in late October 2019. Added performance to it in March or April (not the PUP though) and tow hitch in I believe in early May. No VIN yet. I also got the 'do you want to get in June text' a week or so ago. Red/AWD P 19" wheels/Black interior/ FSD/Tow Hitch. Nashville TN

I got a very similar text. I ordered White with Black Interior LR AWD on 6/4

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery near the end of June. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Just as someone in my state who ordered the exact same spec as mine this year updates me that they got a text delivery for Thuresday, I got my own text. (I ordered last year)

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday"

Yeah, I got the "10 day" text 14 days ago.

Clearly these text messages are meaningless, I'm pretty disappointed.

Just got a text at exactly 4 PM, telling me my car will be built in the next 7 days. Going to take that with a grain of salt, because their last text said it'd be built in the next 10 days, and that was sent 12 days ago.

10 - 12 = 7 in Elon days!

Realistically, they're just sending these teasers to keep our interest and decrease the chance that we'll forget about the purchase and reject it once delivery is imminent.

Reactions: aburrows
Just got a text at exactly 4 PM, telling me my car will be built in the next 7 days. Going to take that with a grain of salt, because their last text said it'd be built in the next 10 days, and that was sent 12 days ago.

10 - 12 = 7 in Elon days!

Realistically, they're just sending these teasers to keep our interest and decrease the chance that we'll forget about the purchase and reject it once delivery is imminent.

Yeah see above, and by the way, they are not doing themselves any favors, they would have done better for themselves by never sending me a text message at all.

At this point, I'm just going to toughen up and make sure I'm super critical of the car just to make sure they are not trying to pass off someone elses reject on me.

I'm going to be VERY skeptical if they call me out of the blue and say "oh hey we have your car here!"

Got the same text today..so I guess a Q2 delivery in AZ ... White / White 20" FSD ordered 5/18/20
They’ll get it to you Q2. They need to make a profit to get into the S&P 500! Tesla builds farthest away to closest, you’re close. They do this every quarter with every model, they build farthest away to closest.

EDIT: Oops. Meant Q2 not Q1. Fixed it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Electric Steve