Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another text from Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah see above, and by the way, they are not doing themselves any favors, they would have done better for themselves by never sending me a text message at all.

At this point, I'm just going to toughen up and make sure I'm super critical of the car just to make sure they are not trying to pass off someone elses reject on me.

I'm going to be VERY skeptical if they call me out of the blue and say "oh hey we have your car here!"
I agree that it would have been better if they had remained silent rather than offer an estimate they subsequently missed. If they had to miss it, then they should have at least notified me when that day came and went.

"We said your car would be built in the next 5 to 10 days and it's been 10 days, but it's not quite ready yet. We apologize for not being able to meet our estimated completion date but we're making a good faith effort to get it out of the factory in the next week or so. We wish we could be more precise, but this is the best we can do. The Tesla Model Y is incredibly popular and we are struggling to get the factory up to full speed while ensuring the quality of our products. Tesla is committed to full transparency and will keep you in the loop, but please be patient with us."

This sort of message practically writes itself, but instead they insult me with one failed estimate after another, with no acknowledgement of past failures. This is the third one! I was supposed to have had my car in April.

Yes, I understand why it was delayed, but they never actually informed me of the delay. I had to call them to confirm it. That's not good customer service. I get better service on purchases of goods and services that cost under $100. For an item this expensive, is it too much to ask them to give me a straight answer?

If there was any legit competition, I'd have canceled months ago and gotten the alternative. But there really isn't, so I'm going to wait until they finally deliver it and wind up accepting it, even though I know there'll be defects.

try finding your vin in the source code. If you are not sure what I am talking about, google Tesla Vin Source code and one of these links should provide you the steps to do so.
Yes, I'm familiar with this trick. Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account

I've tried it in the past, with no results, and I just tried it again right now. Still no results. Presumably, this means that my car doesn't actually exist.