TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another thing broken by the repair center

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mattack4000, Aug 21, 2018.

1. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Here we go again. More things get broken when I bring the car in for service. First time someone stabbed my door panel, this time the rear hatch latch covers gets broken. Sigh

You bring it in for 5 problems, it always comes back with one new one

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. arlorose

arlorose Member

I had a 5 trip comedy of them breaking something every time I brought it, causing me to bring it back, and come back with something else broken. Things like a smashed bummer, wiring harness not fully connected, scratches and dents all over the dash wood, grease stains on the door and center console, and software not reprogrammed correctly.

They're good about fixing it, but it should't ever happen in the first place.

At this point my car has a wood panel that's a slightly different color than the rest, two dents in the dash trim, weird paint splotching on the front bumper from when it was repainted after being repaired, and a mystery chunk missing out of the rear passenger foot sill, and I just got too tired of taking in for thing they caused.

Annoyingly, all the rattles in the dash that began that process are all back months later.

What I don't get is my service center is almost all ex-BMW service center people. I owned BMWs for 25+ years and never had this amount of accidental screw-ups with service. Actually, that's not true, but it was never nearly this bad.

• Informative x 1
  3. bayx

bayx Member

Crazy, sorry to see that! Are you in SoCal or NorCal? Someone on the forum mentioned a particular SoCal SC that is known to screw up...

• Informative x 1
  4. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. They have definitely caused a few issues for me, the biggest one is ruining my PPF. They're dropping it off to my shop tomorrow to get it fixed, so here's hoping that's the last of the issues.

Yours seem way worse though :(

• Like x 1
  5. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

My Tesla SC has actually been great and I've been there more than I'd like to admit with my Model X. Prior to my Tesla, I had to deal with the local BMW franchise (Hendrick) for about 15 years. 2 dealerships reasonably close to where I lived, but the closest was downright awful. They constantly broke clips and trim, reinstalled things incorrectly and managed to change the oil incorrectly on my M6 every single time I had them service it. I printed out and brought them the service bulletin for changing M6 oil and they still screwed it up. I finally switched to the further dealer and things improved, although still not 100% perfect.

Tesla has been better, I suspect partially because they have fewer models to work on.

I haven't had to do it yet with Tesla, but with BMW I would remind my service advisor of my past issues with their attention to quality and that usually helped. Even with them though, I do a walk around and quick interior inspection when I pick my car up.

• Informative x 1
  6. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

I got fed up with it and did the email executive thing. Sure enough I heard back today and they ask me to send them pictures so they can pre order the part and do a quick in n out

7. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

They will bring something to the table to make you stop complaining about issues/people in the past :p I had the same problem with you.

8. Dmagyar

Dmagyar Member

How about listing where this is being done, so the repair shop in question gets both the credit and critique.

9. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

The door panel was from the seaside store, this latest one is Santa Clara

10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

What's the point of "anonymizing" the SC? Spit it out so people can speak for or against.

Plus it's not ever just ONE person you hold accountable.

• Love x 1
  11. bayx

bayx Member

Don't remember the name, it should be on in a post on the forum...

12. arlorose

arlorose Member

Honestly, I don't say which SC because if the folks in the back ever see a complaint, I don't want them to do anything extra to my car to annoy me further over time. I will say this though. The folks in the front of the house kick major ass and are as nice as can be. I just wish the back of house folks would pay more attention when doing their work.

I have to wonder if it's a throughput issue. Too many cars coming in and not enough attention time paid on each to really treat them well.

• Like x 2
  13. Matutino

Matutino Member

Costa Mesa SC has damaged my front door card and rear wheel covering, they orders the parts and replaced them no questions asked (after I pointed it out to them).
    Last repair they broke 2 rear moldings, they ordered the parts 3 months ago and still waiting.

14. Darren Donovan

The people at the front just don't want you to scream at them, so of course they'll act very nice, just to get you to go away, so you can direct your frustration/anger at the people in the back.

15. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

It must he a Hendrick thing. My local BMW (and the Lexus, Infiniti) dealers are part of the Hendrick group. Same issues even through they are in Northern California.

• Like x 1
  16. Matutino

Matutino Member

After posting I called Tesla to follow up on the missing parts (ordered 3/30/18), to my surprise all parts in stock but they never called to let me know :(.
    Their Mobil team will be calling me to to set up a ranger next week

• Like x 1
  17. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I have had issues with them calling. For me the issue is their phone number comes up as "xyz research" so I am not taking the call. It think they use some sort of centralized customer notification service.