Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another tinting question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 and hit a tinting shop that is very reputable... They do a lot of high end cars and have 5 star ratings. My son also had his Hellcat tinted there is is very happy with them..

Now onto my question.. They are suggesting that I go ceramic on the sides and carbon on the top. I am going to go with 25% on the sides and top and 55% on the windshield per their recommendation. They are doing one piece for the top..

Thoughts on the suggestion for ceramic on the sides and carbon on the top?

Thanks!

Reactions: bandwagon
55% on the windshield seems like asking for a ticket IMO. You will be able to tell it

I thought the same and might have them change it... He said a lot run 55% and no issues but I was skeptical....

Just curious.... Why ceramic on sides and carbon on top?

No clue, that's why I am asking if the recommendation makes sense... I can do ceramic on the top as well if I want but he recommended carbon for the top..

Picked up my Model 3 and hit a tinting shop that is very reputable... They do a lot of high end cars and have 5 star ratings. My son also had his Hellcat tinted there is is very happy with them..

Now onto my question.. They are suggesting that I go ceramic on the sides and carbon on the top. I am going to go with 25% on the sides and top and 55% on the windshield per their recommendation. They are doing one piece for the top..

Thoughts on the suggestion for ceramic on the sides and carbon on the top?

Thanks!
They may be suggesting that because they don’t have ceramic in big enough pieces to do the rear window. That’s been a problem.

I would do ceramic all the way around and skip tinting the front window. If you ever get in a accident at night, you are going to be on your own with that front window.

They may be suggesting that because they don’t have ceramic in big enough pieces to do the rear window. That’s been a problem.

I would do ceramic all the way around and skip tinting the front window. If you ever get in a accident at night, you are going to be on your own with that front window.

They can do ceramic on the rear as one piece. I called yesterday and changed mine to 25% ceramic all around.. Yeah tinting the windshield can cause issues ect but I am going to do it at 70% anyways..

Had mine tinted yesterday. Used LLumar AIR clear window tint on the windshield. All the protection, without night time vision loss and potential tickets. Used Stratos 30 for the sides and rear. Extremely happy with the results. And fully legal in Florida.

315FF675-B61A-4BE0-A842-06B96DDEA1C3.jpeg
And here is my car next to a brand new untinted Model 3 for comparison.

Had mine tinted yesterday. Used LLumar AIR clear window tint on the windshield. All the protection, without night time vision loss and potential tickets. Used Stratos 30 for the sides and rear. Extremely happy with the results. And fully legal in Florida.
LLumar AIR 80 or 90? Do you notice improved heat rejection? I’m definitely feeling it this summer.