Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another very happy MPP Sport coil over owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order for MPP's Sport coil overs after reading a few great reviews on here back in February. They were on backorder and arrived last Friday. I was able to install them on Monday since for some weird reason I have a lot of extra free time right now (Thankfully still have a job, just working less for the next few months).

Install was very straightforward if you've ever worked on suspension before. I had one question about rebound and compression adjustment and a quick call to MPP got that answered right away. Great customer service. The KW made parts are super high quality too.

I also installed Blox 20mm rear spacers, and was planning on putting 15mm on the front but they just barely didn't fit on my P3D+

First drive was great. Zero new noises from suspension and the ride seems even better than factory. The handling is much improved with far less body roll and really quick accurate turn in. Super impressed so far. High speed testing will be next.

I used MPP's recommended settings for height and rebound/compression damping. The first few pics from yesterday when it was cloudy the front is about 1/4in higher than the rear. I dropped the front about 5mm and now they are within 1mm of equal hub to fender.

I would HIGHLY recommend these for any P3D+ owner. This is how the car should have come from the factory handling/ride wise IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_8720.jpg
    IMG_8720.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3295.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_4340.jpg
    IMG_4340.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4985.JPG
    IMG_4985.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_6048.JPG
    IMG_6048.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_6831.JPG
    IMG_6831.JPG
    841.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    900.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_8105.JPG
    IMG_8105.JPG
    795.5 KB · Views: 262
Suspension looks great! Debating between these and the Ohlins. I have KW V2's on my bmw m3 and have always wanted an Ohlins R/T kit. I really like the things that MPP does and their support of the platform though. Probably think about it for a couple more months.

Why didn't the spacers fit in the front? I know Tim@Adonis put 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers on his P3D+. I believe they were bloc spacers as well. The rear looks nice and flush. If you get the front a little more flush it will complete the look and be even more awesome!

Oh yeah the plate frame looks awesome. Did you buy it or make it? I currently have one I made with a black frame and some white vinyl.

Suspension looks great! Debating between these and the Ohlins. I have KW V2's on my bmw m3 and have always wanted an Ohlins R/T kit. I really like the things that MPP does and their support of the platform though. Probably think about it for a couple more months.

Why didn't the spacers fit in the front? I know Tim@Adonis put 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers on his P3D+. I believe they were bloc spacers as well. The rear looks nice and flush. If you get the front a little more flush it will complete the look and be even more awesome!

Oh yeah the plate frame looks awesome. Did you buy it or make it? I currently have one I made with a black frame and some white vinyl.

Thanks!

I don't think you can go wrong with either MPP/KWs or the upcoming Redwood/Ohlins R/T setup. I've driven my buddy's 996 Turbo with Ohlins R/T and it was fantastic too. Planning on eventually changing my non-adjustable Bilstein/H&R setup on my 996 Turbo to the Ohlin's also since KW only offers the V1 or V3 for it. V1 is non-adjustable and V3 is bucu bucks.

The front 15mm spacers are too thin for car with the performance brakes since the rotor hat is so thin. The lug studs are effectively longer and bottom out into the recesses in the back of the wheel before it's completely torqued down. It's less than 1mm extra that's needed so it's kind of a bummer. I saw Tim@Adonis's setup, and it's a little too aggressive for me. The 20mm rear itself is borderline too aggressive IMO. I have 5mm spacers on order which should arrive shortly and I'll run those in the front. It won't be perfectly flush, but the other options are grinding down the front lug studs which I'm not down for or running 20mm fronts which I'm also not down for.

Plate from is from Boring Mod on ETSY. It's real carbon fiber and fantastic quality. He has a bunch of different styles and once he sells out of one style, he doesn't make it again.
Thin Carbon Fiber White TESLA License Plate Frame Limited Edition Free Screws 100% Carbon Fiber No stickers Free Ship Warranty

Reactions: jmaddr
I did not at this time. If I can't get the alignment where I want it with the factory stuff then I will upgrade. Otherwise I'll leave the rest stock since this is my daily driver and I would rather spend the $$ on the Porsche ;)

You may get lucky and have the camber land at about -1 all around after lowering which is good for the street but probably not enough for the track. I had a funky left rear that needed additional negative camber and was outside stock alignment specs before lowering. So I got the camber arms and I was very pleased with them. Although the toe arms may seem duplicative given that there is a cam bolt toe adjustment on the rear, the toe arm from MPP makes it so much easier, and those cam bolt eccentric adjustment mechanisms are notoriously cranky once they start to develop some Rust. Disclosure - I should probably disqualify myself as objective on all of the above because I'm an admitted suspension tweaking junkie and I also got the trailing and traction arms too :p:p

You may get lucky and have the camber land at about -1 all around after lowering which is good for the street but probably not enough for the track. I had a funky left rear that needed additional negative camber and was outside stock alignment specs before lowering. So I got the camber arms and I was very pleased with them. Although the toe arms may seem duplicative given that there is a cam bolt toe adjustment on the rear, the toe arm from MPP makes it so much easier, and those cam bolt eccentric adjustment mechanisms are notoriously cranky once they start to develop some Rust. Disclosure - I should probably disqualify myself as objective on all of the above because I'm an admitted suspension tweaking junkie and I also got the trailing and traction arms too :p:p
Eccentric bolts need to be outlawed.

Did you notice any difference in "feel" after installing the camber arms? I know it's only one piece of the puzzle but they are solid bearings.

Eccentric bolts need to be outlawed.

Did you notice any difference in "feel" after installing the camber arms? I know it's only one piece of the puzzle but they are solid bearings.

I can't honestly be sure that I noticed anything after the camber arms or the traction arms. It's possible that it's just Placebo tightening but the rear end does feel like it moves around a little bit less. But like I said I can't be at all confident that that's not simply autosuggestion.

Great info. Thanks!

Reactions: dfwatt
"I used MPP's recommended settings for height and rebound/compression damping." so the pics are post install at the recommended height settings? Just confirming because I've seen pics that seem much lower at 'recommended"- and for what I am looking for yours seems perfect.

I was planning on doing 120mm vs. 110mm just to make it more toward yours but if that's 110mm group to battery then I'll stick with recommended settings during install