Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another WeVee problem.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
After they failed to order my full self drive, took weeks to fix it and on more than one occasion failed to ri g me back whe they said they would I've had a further issue.

They aren't sending me a copy of my V5, which I need to register the car for congestion charge exemption and to get my crit air sticker .

I'm sad, because they seem genuinely nice people to talk to but they are a hopeless company.

Do any other leasees have a congestion charge exemption? If so how did you get it?

I dont see why you have to register as your car is registered a electric :confused:

Thus far as I can see you only need to faf around is you car is hybrid etc. but for electric its clear cut automatic absolution.

"You also qualify if your vehicle is registered with the DVLA and has a fuel type of 'electric' (you can check this on the V5C registration document the DVLA sent you), or alternatively, if your vehicle is a 'plug-in hybrid' and has been approved as an ultra-low emission vehicle by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles. You can find more information at the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles website."

Discounts and exemptions

I dont see why you have to register as your car is registered a electric :confused:

Thus far as I can see you only need to faf around is you car is hybrid etc. but for electric its clear cut automatic absolution.

"You also qualify if your vehicle is registered with the DVLA and has a fuel type of 'electric' (you can check this on the V5C registration document the DVLA sent you), or alternatively, if your vehicle is a 'plug-in hybrid' and has been approved as an ultra-low emission vehicle by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles. You can find more information at the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles website."

Discounts and exemptions
You do have to register though. And without the v5 you can't.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Discounts and exemptions
You MUST register for the congestion charge discount.

I know you need to register. That was part of my post.

My question was have any leasers tried to register? WeVee refuse to give me the copy of the v5 I need to be able to register so I'm kind of stick
I have a lease i3. You definitely need to provide the V5 to register for the 100% discount. My lease company supplied a digital V5 that was accepted by TFL.

You MUST register for the congestion charge discount.

Thanks for that... Ive now read the exemption to register bit... I know this does not help the OP but I just get confused with pollution and congestion charges. What is what? ...I can understand that I can take my motorbike into London for free, pay £1 fee to park all day (if this is still the case) and polutte the place. However, I dont really contribute towards congestion (this is rider dependant tbh as much as its not law that we have to filter traffic) and I have to pay RFL of £85 or there abouts Nationally and I dont have to register.

With the Tesla, we pay zero RFL Nationally, its registered with the dvla as electric (Thought the congestion charge worked through the ANPR system) , contributes towards congestion everywhere and have to pay extortionate parking charges (at the exception of white city) and as to register for the exemption.

Call me ignorant but I just dont get this rationale :confused:

After they failed to order my full self drive, took weeks to fix it and on more than one occasion failed to ri g me back whe they said they would I've had a further issue.

They aren't sending me a copy of my V5, which I need to register the car for congestion charge exemption and to get my crit air sticker .

I'm sad, because they seem genuinely nice people to talk to but they are a hopeless company.

Do any other leasees have a congestion charge exemption? If so how did you get it?

I have a lease and registered for congestion charge without a copy of the V5 just last week.

The leasing company said they hadn't received the V5 but gave me a pdf which is generated when the online registration is done.
I attached that when I applied for my congestion charge and came back approved. It just needs to show the car is an electric vehicle which that does.

Good luck.

Thanks for that... Ive now read the exemption to register bit... I know this does not help the OP but I just get confused with pollution and congestion charges. What is what? ...I can understand that I can take my motorbike into London for free, pay £1 fee to park all day (if this is still the case) and polutte the place. However, I dont really contribute towards congestion (this is rider dependant tbh as much as its not law that we have to filter traffic) and I have to pay RFL of £85 or there abouts Nationally and I dont have to register.

With the Tesla, we pay zero RFL Nationally, its registered with the dvla as electric (Thought the congestion charge worked through the ANPR system) , contributes towards congestion everywhere and have to pay extortionate parking charges (at the exception of white city) and as to register for the exemption.

Call me ignorant but I just dont get this rationale :confused:

In Westminster with an EV you only pay for 10 mins at a meter and get 4 hours parking.

• Informative
Reactions: Js1977
I have a lease and registered for congestion charge without a copy of the V5 just last week.

The leasing company said they hadn't received the V5 but gave me a pdf which is generated when the online registration is done.
I attached that when I applied for my congestion charge and came back approved. It just needs to show the car is an electric vehicle which that does.

Good luck.
Yeha, they won't even give me that. I'm actually stunned that they won't help me out with this. Everyone else I know who has leased a car has managed to get enough information to register for things like congestion charge exemption.

I really wouldn't deal with wevee if I was you guys. they were great whilst ordering, but once I took delivery of the car it's been nothing but problems. It's sad but I just don't think they have the capability to follow through with the services they are offering.

Yeha, they won't even give me that. I'm actually stunned that they won't help me out with this. Everyone else I know who has leased a car has managed to get enough information to register for things like congestion charge exemption.

I really wouldn't deal with wevee if I was you guys. they were great whilst ordering, but once I took delivery of the car it's been nothing but problems. It's sad but I just don't think they have the capability to follow through with the services they are offering.

Ask them if they will register it if they don't want to provide you with the documents. It is strange but could it be they haven't received it yet either and can't be bothered to explain.

That might be worth a try. No skin off their nose and it'll save me money once I start working in the office again

Yeah, I set it up for driving to the office although not likely I'll be doing that now. At least not this year.

Setting my navigation to not avoid toll roads was a nice feeling. That and paying for 10 mins in Westminster for 4 hrs of parking. :)

Reactions: Neilio